Boca do Monte, district of Santa Maria
District of Boca do Monte
Boca do Monte, the 7th district of Santa Maria
District of Boca do Monte, in Santa Maria City, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|State||Rio Grande do Sul|
|• District||307.44 km2 (118.7 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||450 m (1,476 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||80 m (262 ft)|
|• Rank||3rd of 10|
|• Density||9.6/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Adjacent districts||Santo Antão, São Valentim, Sede.|
|Website||Official site of Santa Maria|
Boca do Monte ("Mouth of the Hill") is a district of the municipality of Santa Maria, in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. It is situated in the northwest portion of Santa Maria. The district's seat is located 16 km (9.94 miles) from Downtown Santa Maria.
The district of Boca do Monte owns an area of 307.44 km² that is equivalent to 17.16% of the municipality of Santa Maria that is 1791.65 km².
Roads and railway
- In the district crosses the América Latina Logística railway cutting the portion north of the district.
- In the district crosses the following highways:
- Population of the territories of Santa Maria. Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics in Portuguese.
- Lei Municipal nº 4120/97, de 19 de Dezembro de 1997.
- Municipal Law 0072 of 2009 that establishes the law of use and occupation of the soil, subdivision, urban perimeter and road system of the municipality of Santa Maria. - in Portuguese