Bochum Welt is the stage name of the Italian electronic musician Gianluigi Di Costanzo. The name Bochum Welt is a combination of the German word for "world" (welt) and the name of a high-powered astral telescope.
Di Constanzo has released numerous records on established record labels. His first single for Aphex Twin's Rephlex label, "Scharlach Eingang" (1994), published by Warner/Chappell Music, was sufficiently accomplished that the British music magazine NME ran an article claiming that Bochum Welt was another of Aphex Twin's myriad alter egos.
Di Costanzo's first album on Sony Music Japan, "Module 2 / Desktop Robotics" collecting his first recordings, was followed by a double CD Rephlex release Robotic Operating Buddy, nominated in 2009 as a top 15 electronica album by the British music magazine The Wire.
BMG Chrysalis UK signed him to a long term worldwide publishing deal in 2009. 
Rephlex Records released his new full length in 2013, “Good Programs (To Be Coloured in Yellow)”, as well as a collaborative EP with Heinrich Muller aka Gerald Donald from the Detroit group DREXCIYA, nominated in 2013 by Fact (UK magazine) in the 50 greatest 10″ records of FACT’s lifetime. Both of the records were published worldwide by BMG Chrysalis.
In addition to releasing his own music, Di Costanzo has worked with Thomas Dolby's Headspace and Beatnik Inc., the Hollywood companies that completed multimedia productions for Steven Spielberg, David Bowie and others.
- 1994 Bochum Welt and Xyrex F - JX1 (split ep)
- 1994 Scharlach Eingang (ep)
- 1995 Les Dances D' Été (ep)
- 1995 Phial ep
- 1995 Telestatt (ep)
- 1996 Module 2 (ep)
- 1997 Desktop Robotics (ep)
- 1997 Feelings On A Screen (ep)
- 1998 Program 11 (ep)
- 1999 Martians and Spaceships! (ep)
- 2001 Fashion (ep)
- 2001 The Modernist & Bochum Welt - Eldar (ep)
- 2002 Portamento featuring Bochum Welt - Quadscreen (ep)
- 2004 Kissing A Robot Goodbye (ep)
- 2005 Elan (ep)
- 2007 Robotic Operating Buddy (single)
- 2008 R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy (2cd)
- 2013 Good Programs To Be Colored In Yellow (ep)
- 2017 April
Notes: the 3 tracks from the split ep are included on Scharlach Eingang.
The releases with ep in brackets don't call themselves EPs but are under 35 minutes.
- Rephlex Records, Discography
- Sony Music Japan website Bochum Welt in the Sony's Artists roster
- Module 2 / Desktop Robotics, Sony Music press release
- Wire Magazine, 2009 Top 15 Electronica Records
- BMG Chrysalis, BMG Chrysalis publishing
- Good Programs (To Be Coloured in Yellow), Good Programs (To Be Coloured in Yellow)
- Fact, The 50 greatest 10″ records of FACT’s lifetime
|This article about an Italian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|