|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament|
Bodedern lies on the B5109, about 1 mile (1.6 km) east of its junction with the A4025 south of Llanfachraeth. About 2 miles (3.2 km) to the south, beyond the A55 road lie the villages of Caergeiliog and Llanfihangel yn Nhowyn. The Valley Wetlands, an area of lakes and marshes and a RSPB bird sanctuary, lie between these two villages. Bodedern is the closest village to the island's largest natural lake, Llyn Llywenan, which lies 1 kilometre (0.6 mi) to the north.
The village has a bilingual primary school, Ysgol Gynradd Bodedern, and a secondary school, Ysgol Uwchradd Bodedern.
The parish church (St Edern's Church, Bodedern) dates from the 14th century and is a Grade II* listed building, being listed because it is considered a good example of a late medieval church with some fine interior fittings.
Presaddfed Hall is a small grade II* listed country house which stands amongst woodlands to the north-east of the village at the southern tip of Llyn Llywenan. The main block was built in 1686 and is joined to an earlier block by a later block built in 1875. A walled garden lies to the east of the house. Once the seat of the Lewis family, several of whom served as High Sheriff of Anglesey, it is now a country hotel.
The other scheduled monument within the community is an early Christian cemetery, east of the village, which is thought to be the location of an ancient chapel, Eglwys Ederyn. The site, at which 114 burials were recorded, was excavated in 1971, revealing several stone cists, and a stone inscribed with the word 'Ercagni', now kept in Bodedern Church.
- "Parish Headcounts: Isle of Anglesey". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Archived from the original on 26 May 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- OS Landranger 114: Anglesey / Ynys Môn. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 978-0-319-26212-2.
- "Bodedern Athletic Football Club". Pitchero. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- What is listing? (PDF). Cadw. 2005. p. 6. ISBN 1-85760-222-6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 April 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Presaddfed House, Bodedern". Royal Commission on the Ancient Monuments of Wales. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Presaddfed". Cottages.com. Archived from the original on 8 August 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Presaddfed, Bodedern". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Presaddfed Burial Chamber". Cadw. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- coflein NPRN: 43589. Bodedern Early Christian Cemetery (ID PRN2063). in the 'SMR' for Gwynedd Archaeological Trust (GAT)
Media related to Bodedern at Wikimedia Commons