Bodega Catena Zapata
|Bodega Catena Zapata|
|Key people||Nicola Catena, Domingo V. Catena, Nicolás Catena Zapata, Laura Catena & Alejandro Vigil|
|Known for||High Altitude Malbec|
|Varietals||Malbec, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon|
Bodega Catena Zapata is a family-owned winery located in Mendoza, in the sub appellation of Agrelo, Argentina. The winery structure is distinguished by its pyramid-like design based on Mayan architecture. Its wines have contributing to raising the profile of Argentine as a hub for wine production. 
The winery was founded in 1902 by Italian immigrant Nicola Catena and was passed to his son Domingo.  Domingo’s son, Nicolás Catena Zapata (A.K.A. Nicolás Catena) was one of the first to introduce European winemaking techniques to Argentina and pioneered Malbec and vine growing in high altitudes.    Nicolás Catena’s daughter, Laura Catena, and other members of the Zapata family have also been involved in the winery.
- Catena, Laura (September 2010). Vino Argentino, An Insiders Guide to the Wines and Wine Country of Argentina. Chronicle Books. ISBN 978-0-8118-7330-7.
- Meat & Malbec: Bodega Catena Zapata Winery, Mendoza, USAToday.com April 27, 2011. Archived December 6, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Argentina's One-Two Punch, WineSpectator.com, March 24, 2003.
- The Magic of Malbec Archived February 24, 2015, at the Wayback Machine., The Cayman Islands Business Journal, September 2010.
- The Might of Mendoza: the romantic tale behind Argentina's booming malbec grape, The Independent UK, June 2014.
- 25 Wine Innovators, Wired for Wine August 2014.
- Nicolás Catena Such Great Heights, Gismondi, Anthony Montecristo Magazine, November 7, 2014.
- Malbec: Varietal Focus, Winemaker Magazine, July 2012.
- Saving Malbec, Saveur Magazine, December, 2015.
- Wine trials: The Most In-depth Study of Cultivars Ever Attempted. The Future of Wine Science., "Wine Business Monthly, by Lance Cutler", November, 2015.
- The Story of the Adrianna Vineyard, Huffington Post, September, 2015.
- To move beyond Malbec, look below the surface, The New York Times, by Eric Asimov, February, 2016.
- Rose, Anthony, Interview with Nicolás Catena Zapata, Decanter man of the year 2009, Decanter.com, March 27, 2009.
- Nicolás Catena Zapata honoured as Decanter Man of the Year, Decanter.com September 18, 2009.
- High Hopes in the Andes, The Economist 1843, December,January 2017.