||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
6 May 1952 |
|Education||University of Hannover, University of Tübingen|
|Notable work||Objectivism in art|
|Movement||Heraclitus, Plato, Nagarjuna, Hegel, Conceptual Art,|
Bodo Sperling grew up in Frankfurt am Main, Leipzig, Amsterdam and Berlin. He started his artistic career in Amsterdam. There he sold his pictures he had painted during the day on the street every night at Club Paradiso (Amsterdam). One focus of his work is the development of scientific models by looking at the aesthetics, and the implementation of scientific models in objects. In 1985 he calls his art direction "Objectivism". May 31.1990
Another focus of his work is the documentation of physical processes through their aesthetic. The German philosopher Thomas Metzinger, manager of the workspace Neurophilosophy at Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies. Science Arts writes in the catalogue Transparency of Consciousness that "Its crystal panels were probably the reason why so much attention, because they work in a particular object, the quasi-spiritual principles of order in nature itself to turn aesthetic intuition accessible." (See Figure Crystal Object Objectivism)
1990/1991 Spokesman of the Federal Association of Artists BBK Frankfurt. 1990 Sperling served as authorized negotiators, negotiations for unification of the Federal Association of Artists with the GDR - Artists Association. He was one of the four founders of the East Side Gallery, Berlin Wall, Berlin. in March 1990.
In May 2011 he filed with other artists of the "founding Initiative East Side" complaint before the District Court of Berlin, due to destruction of art and infringement of copyright. The redevelopment of the East Side Gallery in 2009 destroyed most of a listed building images, and their conceptual artistic Character of 1990.
Sperling 1992 installed on the 1st Total German artist Congress in Potsdam, a five-meter high mobile, which, illuminated by slides, the impression of a constantly changing 3-D film produced. From 1980 the first pictures emerged from crystals and crystal panels. Sperling describes his artistic work as Objectivism. In 1991 he created at the national exhibition in Kassel, a video installation that confronted the viewer with the objective documentation of Spacetime. It was installed on a several tons of stone altar on which stood a steel basin. In this steel basin formed over time crystals from a boiling solution. The entire process has been documented over several weeks by an automatic camera. The basis of his work, he sees in line with research by Rupert Sheldrake and his theory of Morphic field.
2016 Sperling received the 4th International André Evard Audience Award of the Messmer Foundation. His Award-winning work titled: obj 1586 is the first from the work series, folded realities. In this series, the focus is on the referentiality between the entities. So the colors depending on the angle of the surfaces with respect to the scalar light source. Sperling makes reference to a philosophical approach of the philosopher Nagarjuna.
- 1983 Gustav-Siegle-Haus / Stuttgart
- 1986 Frankfurter Kunstverein, Das AKTFOTO (The nude photo) ideology - aesthetic - history, Museum of the 20th Century Vienna. 15 years prior to 2000 - the portrayal of violence and brutality is still a priority over the representation of sexuality and eroticism, Time-critical art action, Frankfurt
- 1990 co-founder of East Side Gallery November 1989, Berlin, image #18 "The transformation of the pentagram to a peace star in a Europe without walls" 10m x 3,60 m on Berlin Wall
- 1990The Pleasures within Distance, WINDOW / Sydney College of the Arts, Sydney, Australia
- 1991 Hessian National Exhibition / Kassel
- 1992 Kunsthalle Darmstadt, Solo Exhibition, Art Prize of the DAG, Kunsthalle Hamburg, Darmstadt
- 1993 Goethe-Institut / Prag, Tschechien
- 1994 Museum Wiesbaden Hessiale 94 / Wiesbaden, national art exhibition of the Federal Association of Artists
- 2016 Messmer Foundation, Riegel, Germany
Collections, commissions, public art
- Computer Associates, implementation of the architectural design of the CA firm building in a mural for the entrance hall 1.60mx 3.60m, Acrylic on canvas and design base for the East Side Galley image on the Berlin Wall in 1990, Germany
- East Side Galley, image #18 "The transformation of the pentagram to a peace star in a Europe without walls" 10m x 3,60 m on Berlin Wall. 1990, Berlin, Germany
- Museum of Contemporary Art ZKM Karlsruhe, "B3", 1991, Computer painting on silver photo canvas, 100 x 140 cm · "B7", 1991, Computer painting on silver photo canvas, 100 x 140 cm, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, implementation of the "Cathedral of Siena", acrylic on canvas 2.20mx 90 cm, Frankfurt / Siena - Italy
- Messmer Foundation, Riegel, Germany, Painting: 'job 1586', 55.11"x 55.11" pigments on canvas
- 1992 Art Prize of the German Salaried Employees Academy
- 2016 Audience Award 4. International André Eward-Award
- "Mannheimer Morgen". morgenweb.de.
- Thomas Metzinger. "The Artistic Work of Bodo Sperling, in: transparency of consciousness". Frankfurt (catalog): Digital Art Gallery. May 5. 1997
- "Information about Bodo Sperling". Karlsruhe, Germany: Museum of Modern Art.
- "East Side Gallery: Descriptio". museumstuff.com. Retrieved December 7, 2010.
- "East Side Gallery". Der Spiegel. November 5, 2009.
- "Art under steaming water". art-magazin.de. April 7, 2009.
- Peter Geimer. "Peter Geimer. "The fake monument - History simulate: why Berlin had just re-paint the most famous section of the wall" in German". Article in Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Feuilleton 01.12.2009, Nr. 279, S. 34.
- guardian.co.uk world 2011 may 03 "Berlin Wall artists sue city in copyright controversy"
- *Hessiale `94, National Art Exhibition Kassel
- Messmer Foundation. "4th International André Evard Audience Award". Messmer Foundation, in April 24. 2016.
- "art goes public".
- "The concrete amazement potential". Badische Zeitung 02.15.2016.
- Oberbaum: East Side Gallery Berlin 1991 (catalog) ISBN 3-928254-02-2 (catalog)
- Landeskunstausstellung ´94, National Art Exhibition,Wiesbaden, Germany, 1994 ISBN 3-9804024-0-1 (catalog)
- Thomas Metzinger: The Artistic Work of Bodo Sperling in: transparency of consciousness, Digital Art Gallery, Frankfurt, 10. 31. 1997 (catalog)
- Hessiale `94, National Art Exhibition Kassel, ISBN 3-9804024-0-1 (catalog)
- Zylvia Auerbach (ed.): The Pleasures within distance, Sydney, 1990, ISBN 0-6460-1536-2
- DuMont: 365 Orte - Eine Reise zu Deutschlands Zukunftsmachern. ISBN 978-3-7701-8216-9
- messmer foundation: 4. International André Eward - Award for concrete-constructive art. 02.13.2016 - 04.24.2016 (catalog)