Number of employees
Bodum, Inc. is a Danish-Swiss kitchenware manufacturer headquartered in Triengen, Switzerland. Founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1944 by Peter Bodum, the company was moved to Switzerland in 1978 by his son, Jørgen, who continued to run the company as chief executive.
Among the products Bodum markets are French presses, vacuum coffee brewers (the "Santos"), and double-walled beverage glasses made in China of borosilicate glass. Their products are advertised as BPA free. The company has tried to register "French Press" as a trademark in several territories, but failed in the U.S., and had the trademark expunged in Canada in December 2012. Bodum entered into a partnership agreement with American coffee company Starbucks in November 2016 to sell their French presses. In January 2019, the partnership agreement concluded.
- "Bodum Design Group AG History". Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "BODUM® - history". www.bodum.com. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- Snodgrass, Mary Ellen (2004-12-29). Encyclopedia of Kitchen History. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-135-45571-2.
- Curley, Julia (March 1, 2019). "Starbucks recalls over 260,000 coffee makers after customers report severe hand injuries". TODAY.com. Retrieved April 3, 2020.
- Nosowitz, Dan (September 13, 2019). "WANTED: Bodum's Bistro Kitchen Appliances". Fast Company. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- "BODUM® - FAQ". www.bodum.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- Bodum Gets French Pressed by Federal Court In Trademark Dispute Canadian Trademark Blog. Retrieved: 2013-02-27
- "Starbucks recalls coffee presses because of laceration hazard". CNBC. May 2, 2019. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- Weissman, Cale Guthrie (November 2, 2019). "Starbucks recalls coffee makers over injury fears, but at least there are new summer drinks". Fast Company. Retrieved April 3, 2020.
- Maidenberg, Micah (2019-05-01). "Starbucks Launches Recall of Bodum Coffee Presses After Injury Reports". The Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Maidenberg, Micah. "Starbucks recalls more than 260,000 Bodum coffee presses". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Danish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|