Body and Soul (Joe Jackson album)
|Body and Soul|
Vinyl edition (UK printing)
|Studio album by Joe Jackson|
|Released||14 March 1984|
|Genre||New wave, jazz pop|
|Producer||David Kershenbaum and Joe Jackson|
|Joe Jackson chronology|
Body and Soul is an album by Joe Jackson, released in March 1984. The album was Jackson's seventh studio album. In the UK it peaked at No. 14. The tracks are a mix of pop and jazz and salsa, showcasing the U.S. No. 15 hit single "You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)". In a nod to its jazz standards influence, the cover art imitated that of the album Sonny Rollins, Vol. 2. At the end of the associated world tour in July 1984, Jackson took a lengthy break. The tour had been, he later wrote, "the hardest I ever did; it came too soon after the last one, and by the end of it I was so burned out I swore I'd never tour again".
|2.||"Cha Cha Loco"||4:47|
|3.||"Not Here, Not Now"||5:27|
|4.||"You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)"||4:50|
|5.||"Go for It"||4:18|
|7.||"Happy Ending" (featuring Elaine Caswell)||3:39|
|8.||"Be My Number Two"||4:18|
|9.||"Heart of Ice"||6:53|
- Joe Jackson - vocals, piano, saxophone
- Graham Maby - bass
- Vinnie Zummo - guitar
- Ed Roynesdal - keyboards and violin
- Tony Aiello - saxophones and flute
- Michael Morreale - trumpet and flugelhorn
- Gary Burke - drums
- Ellen Foley and Elaine Caswell - vocals
- Joe Jackson - arrangements, producer
- David Kershenbaum - producer
- Rik Pekkonen - recording engineer
- Bernie Grundman - mastering engineer
- Dan Nash - mixing engineer
- Charles Reilly - photography
- Amy Fox covered "Be My Number Two/Shanghai Sky" on the 2004 album Different for Girls: Women Artists and Female-Fronted Bands Cover Joe Jackson.
|Year||UK Albums Chart||U.S. Billboard 200 Chart|
- Allmusic review
- Rolling Stone review
- Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. pp. 485–486. ISBN 1-84195-017-3.
- "Biography by William Ruhlmann". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 4 May 2009.
- "Joe Jackson got to me, Body and Soul". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 274. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Allmusic ((( Joe Jackson > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))".