A body man or body woman is, in U.S. political jargon, a civilian personal assistant who accompanies a politician (or candidate) virtually everywhere, often arranging and providing lodging, transportation, interactions with media, public, and family, meals, personal briefings and briefing papers, logistical instructions, speech cards, snacks, cell phones, and any other necessary assistance.  
- 1 List of body men/women
- 2 See also
- 3 References
List of body men/women
President Richard Nixon
- Stephen Bull 
President Gerald Ford
President Jimmy Carter
President Ronald Reagan
President George H. W. Bush
President Bill Clinton
- Douglas Band 
President George W. Bush
President Barack Obama
President Donald Trump
- Jane Basdin (played by Samantha Mathis), personal aide to President Andrew Shepherd in the 1995 movie, The American President
- Ted Miller personal aide to President Josiah Bartlet. Is a fictional character mentioned in Season 1, Episode 3 as being replaced on NBC TV series, The West Wing
- Charlie Young (played by Dulé Hill), personal assistant to President Josiah Bartlet for the first six years of the NBC TV series, The West Wing
- Gary Walsh (played by Tony Hale), personal aide to Vice-President Selina Meyer in the HBO TV series Veep
- Blake Moran (played by Erich Bergen), personal aide to Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord in the CBS TV series Madam Secretary
- Marissa Gold (played by Sarah Steele), personal aide to Cook County State's Attorney Alicia Florrick in the CBS TV series The Good Wife
- Dembe Zuma (played by Hisham Tawfiq), personal assistant and bodyguard to FBI Task Force informant Raymond Reddington in the NBC TV series The Blacklist
- Aide-de-camp, a military assistant to a senior official
- "A Conversation With The "Body Man" Who Spent Six Years At President Obama's Side". mic.com.
- Wilgoren, Jodi (April 28, 2004). "Part Butler and Part Buddy, Aide Keeps Kerry Running" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Stephen B. Bull (White House Special Files: Staff Member and Office Files) | Richard Nixon Museum and Library". www.nixonlibrary.gov.
- "Terrence O'Donnell Files". www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov.
- "Greg Willard". May 30, 2013.
- "Phil Wise". www.cartercenter.org.
- Lee, Joshua (September 3, 2013). "Charter class grad worked for President Reagan". The Daily Universe.
- User, Super. "James F. Kuhn". broaddusassociates.com.
- "Timothy J. McBride Oral History, Personal Aide to the President; Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Trade Development; Assistant to the President for Management". Miller Center. October 27, 2016.
- "41 Storytellers". 41 on 41.
- "Friends, former aides remember what made George H.W. Bush 'the kind of person I want as president'". PBS NewsHour. December 3, 2018.
- "Doug Band". Teneo.
- Living, Aegis. "Starbucks Executive Kris Engskov Joins Aegis Living As President As The Company Opens A New Chapter On Premium Care Quality And Growth". www.prnewswire.com.
- "Blake Gottesman". www.berkshirepartners.com.
- "Jared Weinstein - General Partner @ Thrive Capital". Crunchbase.
- "George W. Bush's longtime chief of staff to step down". Dallas News. November 17, 2017.
- "Reggie Love on life as Obama's "chief of stuff"". Washington Post.
- Wilcox, LeAnn (January 13, 2017). "Late-Term Role for Obama: Groomsman in Chief" – via NYTimes.com.
- CNN, Kaitlan Collins, Jeremy Diamond and Jeff Zeleny. "Longtime Trump aide fired over financial crime investigation". CNN.
- "Trump's 'body guy' plans to leave White House soon: officials". November 26, 2018 – via www.reuters.com.