Boerne Independent School District
|Boerne Independent School District|
ESC Region 20
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||470 (2014-15) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.9 (2014-15)|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2014-15||Met Standard|
Boerne Independent School District is a public school district based in Boerne, Texas (USA). Located in Kendall County, portions of the district extend into Bexar and Comal counties. In addition to Boerne, the communities of Fair Oaks Ranch and Scenic Oaks also lie within the district.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $4,477,920,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.027 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2014-2015 school year, the district had students in 11 schools.
High Schools (Grades 9-12)
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Boerne Middle School North
- Boerne Middle School South
Elementary Schools (Grades K-5)
- Cibolo Creek Elementary
- Curington Elementary
- New Fabra Elementary
- Fair Oaks Ranch Elementary
- Kendall Elementary
- Dr. Ferdinand L. Herff Elementary School (opens 2019)
- Boerne Academy (Grade 12)
- Boerne Alternative School (Grades K-12)
- Boerne Elementary School
- Fabra Elementary
- Boerne Junior High School
- Old Boerne High School
- Boerne School For Colors
- Athletics Department
- Business Office
- Communications Office
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Custodial Department
- Facilities and Construction Department
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Human Resources
- Maintenance Department
- Special Education
- Technology Services
- Transportation Department
Awards and honors
In 2014, both Boerne High School and Boerne Champion High School were among 500 schools in the nation listed on Newsweek's Top High Schools in America.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Boerne ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.