This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
The members of this noble house whose line begins with one Squire Boeselager of Stemmern by Magdeburgon first appearing in the documents on April 12, 1363. The first fully documented member is Henning von Boeselager holding a knight's fief in Wolmirsleben from April 12, 1466. By decree of the Royal Prussian throne, members of the Heesen Line entered the ranks of the barons on December 20, 1823; the members of the Eggermühlen branch were thereafter styled "barons" according to customary law.
- Joachim von Boeselager (1608–1668), Diplomat
- Georg Freiherr von Boeselager (1915–1944), German officer, member of the 20 July Plot against Hitler
- Philipp Freiherr von Boeselager (1917–2008), German officer, member of the 20 July Plot against Hitler
- Csilla von Boeselager (1941–1994), founder of Hungarian Maltese Charity Organisation
- Albrecht von Boeselager (born 4 October 1949 in Burg Kreuzberg), Grand Chancellor of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta.
- Damian Freiherr von Boeselager (born 8 March 1988), an MEP for Volt Deutschland, the German chapter of Volt Europa, elected in 2019.
- "Germany's Boeselager reinstated by Order of Malta | DW | 28.01.2017". Deutsche Welle.
- Theis, Marion (27 May 2019). "Volt-Spitzenkandidat Damian Boeselager: Union und SPD müssen Klimapolitik ändern" (in German). SWR2. Retrieved 28 May 2019.