Bogachiel State Park
|Bogachiel State Park|
|Washington State Park|
|Elevation||348 ft (106 m) |
|Area||123 acres (50 ha)|
|- State staffing||1961|
|Management||Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission|
|Website: Bogachiel State Park|
Bogachiel State Park is a 123-acre (50 ha) Washington state park located on the Bogachiel River approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) south of the city of Forks on Highway 101 in Clallam County. Bogachiel was established in 1931; the state began staffing it in 1961. Park activities include picnicking, camping, hiking, bird watching, and wildlife viewing.
- "Bogachiel State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Jackson, Kristin (June 30, 1996). "Olympic Peninsula - If You Go -- Some tips and strategies on exploring the wild side". The Seattle Times. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- Judd, Ron (January 14, 1999). "Winter Olympics -- Wild, sweeping splendor lies in wait". The Seattle Times. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
It often serves as a base camp for steelhead anglers and other winter recreators.
- "Bogachiel State Park". Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- Bogachiel State Park Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Bogachiel State Park Map Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission