New South Wales
Main street of Bogan Gate
|Population||307 (2011 census)|
Bogan Gate / / is a small village in Parkes Shire of the Central West of New South Wales, Australia. At the 2011 census, Bogan Gate and the surrounding area had a population of 307. Bogan Gate is derived from the local Aboriginal word meaning "the birthplace of a notable headman of the local tribe".
Attractions include the annual Bogan Gate Arts Festival, golf tournaments at the local nine-hole Bogan Gate Golf Club.
Bogan Gate Post Office opened on 15 December 1896.
Media related to Bogan Gate, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Bogan Gate (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- Macquarie Dictionary, Fourth Edition (2005). Melbourne, The Macquarie Library Pty Ltd. ISBN 1-876429-14-3
- "Bogan Gate". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- Parkes Shire Council: About the Shire: Bogan Gate Archived August 19, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
|This New South Wales geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|