Bogdan Stancu during a training session at Steaua
|Full name||Bogdan Sorin Stancu|
|Date of birth||28 June 1987|
|Place of birth||Pitești, Romania|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2006||→ Mioveni (loan)||12||(3)|
|2011–2012||→ Orduspor (loan)||32||(10)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 February 2015.
Bogdan Sorin Stancu (born 28 June 1987 in Pitești) is a Romanian footballer who plays for Turkish Süper Lig side Gençlerbirliği. His nickname is Motanul (meaning Tomcat). He plays as a striker or in a more supporting role as a second striker or left winger.
Stancu started his professional career at Argeș Pitești, also having a brief loan spell at Mioveni. Due to an irregularity in his contract he left the club and joined Unirea Urziceni. In the summer of 2008, after two years at Urziceni, he moved to Steaua București and finished his first season as Steaua's top scorer with 11 goals. In the first half of the 2010–11 season Stancu managed to score 16 times in 27 games after which Galatasaray paid €5m to secure his services. After a not so successful stint at the Turkish club, he was loaned for a year to Orduspor, after which he joined them on a permanent basis. After Orduspor was relegated from the Süper Lig Stancu moved to Gençlerbirliği for an undisclosed fee.
In 2005, he was brought to the first team by Sorin Cârțu. After a short period he was sent to Dacia Mioveni in Divizia B, where he had a contract of only $1000 per month and a clause by which he earned $1 for every minute played for Mioveni. His team won a few games with Stancu as their only goalscorer. After a season where he scored 3 goals in 12 matches, he returned to FC Argeș and made his debut in Divizia A at the age of 19 against former champions Steaua București, game which ended as a goalless draw.
In the summer of 2006, Sorin Cârțu resigned from the club and former Italian star Giuseppe Giannini was appointed as the new manager of FC Argeș. After two weeks of training he decided that Bogdan Stancu and another player, Robert Neagoe, should be released. He ended up making only 7 appearances for his team that season. Stancu was sent once again to Dacia Mioveni during the pre-season but after a few days, Gigi Nețoiu brought him to Unirea Urziceni.
On 30 June 2008 Stancu played his first match in Steaua's shirt in a friendly against Maribor, scoring the first goal. He scored his second goal On 26 July against Roma in a friendly game, Steaua won 3–1. On 23 August 2008 Stancu scored his first double for Steaua against Gloria Bistrița in Liga I. In his first 5 Liga I matches for Steaua he scored 4 goals. He managed to score 4 goals in several winter break friendly matches. After the winter break he would score again in the first match against Vaslui. On 14 March 2009 he scored in the 6th minute of the match against Politehnica Iași, leading Steaua to its victory. At his first season at Steaua was top scorer with 11 goals, along with Greek Pantelis Kapetanos.
He started the new season scoring the 2nd goal for his team against Újpest in the second qualifying round of Europa League, on 16 July 2009, making the score 2–0 for Steaua București. He scored the third and final goal against Motherwell after being served perfectly by Rafał Grzelak. On 6 August 2009 he scored two more goals against the same Motherwell and help his team qualify in the Europa League playoffs. After his great performances in Europa League he was rewarded by Răzvan Lucescu with a call-up in the Romanian national team against Hungary. However, during a league match he got injured and Lucescu dropped him from the team. Two weeks later he scored another two goals against St Patrick's Athletic. In 9 European matches he scored 6 goals. He was sent off on round 4 against Oțelul Galați in the 75th minute after receiving a second yellow card. At end of season he was top scorer of team in Europa League with 6 goals.
In pre-season, he was top scorer with 5 goals in 6 friendly matches.
On 25 July 2010, Stancu netted the second goal in his first start of the season in a 1–2 away win against Universitatea Cluj. In the 2nd round he scored the equalizer in the 66th minute against U Craiova, after Valentin Iliev opened the score, 12 minutes later his teammate Romeo Surdu, scored the second goal helping the team to a 2–1 home win. In the 4th round he scored twice against Victoria, first goal in 24th minute and the victory goal in the 67th minute, Steaua winning home with 2–1. In his first European match of the season he scored the only goal in a 1–0 match against Grasshopper. In the 5th round he scored against FC Vaslui, he scored 2nd goal of the match in 46th minute, Steaua winning with 3–0. On round 10 scored two goals against Sportul Studențesc in a 4–2 victory. On next two rounds scored three goals, one against Dinamo București and two against Pandurii Târgu Jiu in a 2–0 victory. In matchday 4 at Europa League, Stancu scored two goals against Utrecht in a 3–1 victory, both goals came in the 52nd and 53rd minute. On round 17, Stancu scored twice against CFR Cluj. The next match day Stancu scored again in a 3–0 win against Universitatea Cluj. He finished the first half of the season with 13 goals in 18 appearances, making him the goalscorer in the league.
He scored on his first Turkish Cup match for Galatasaray, in the 2–3 loss against Gaziantepspor in the first leg of the 2010–11 Turkish Cup quarterfinals which he had scored the second goal with a long shot. Stancu then scored in his second regular match in the Turkish League too, in the 4–2 win against Eskişehirspor. On the ninth of May Stancu scored a goal in Galatasarays victory against Kasımpaşa. He finished the season with 3 goals in 16 appearances.
On 23 August 2011, Stancu was loaned to Orduspor on a one-year loan deal worth €350,000. Fatih Terim decided to start the 2011–12 season with the newly arrived striker Johan Elmander and Milan Baroš.
He scored 4 goals in his first 7 games for Orduspor. In the last week of January 2012 he was chosen player of the week in the Süper Lig by Gazete Futbol due to his performance against Eskişehirspor. On 1 February he opened the score in a match against Ankaragücü. He continued his goalscoring form by scoring in the 3–2 victory against Antalyaspor on 12 February. On 11 March Stancu scored a goal in a game against Beşiktaş to eventually earn a draw for Orduspor. Then he assisted Javito's goal, in a game against Sivasspor, which finished in a 1-1 draw.
On 25 July 2013, Stancu signed a three-year contract with Gençlerbirliği for an undisclosed fee. He scored his first goal for the club in a 3–0 win over Akhisar Belediyespor on 23 August 2013. He made an immediate impact at Gençlerbirliği, scoring 7 league goals in his first half season, the last of which was against his former club Galatasaray.
On 3 September 2010, he made his debut for Romania in a game against Albania coming on in the 64th minute to replace Daniel Niculae. He also scored his first goal for his national side 16 minutes into his first game. On 29 February 2012, Stancu scored from a header against Uruguay to earn Romania a draw.
|1||3 September 2010||Ceahlăul Stadium, Piatra Neamț, Romania||Albania||1–0||1–1||UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying|
|2||29 February 2012||Arena Națională, Bucharest, Romania||Uruguay||1–1||1–1||Friendly|
|3||6 February 2013||Estadio Ciudad, Málaga, Spain||Australia||2–2||3–2||Friendly|
|4||14 August 2013||Arena Națională, Bucharest, Romania||Slovakia||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
|5||11 October 2013||Estadi Comunal, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Andorra||0–2||0–4||FIFA World Cup 2014 qualifying|
|6||15 November 2013||Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus, Greece||Greece||1–1||3–1||FIFA World Cup 2014 play-off qualifying|
|7||14 October 2014||Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland||Finland||0–1||0–2||UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying|
- "Profile of Bogdan Stancu" (in Romanian). steauafc.com. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- Italianul Giannini nu l-a vrut pe Stancu
- Citește 7 lucruri neștiute despre Bogdan Stancu
- "Stancu rămîne în prima ligă din Turcia" (in Romanian). Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Ianovschi: "Pregătesc un alt Adi Mutu!"" (in Romanian). evz.ro. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Povestea golgeterului Stelei" (in Romanian). gsp.ro. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Încă un puști teribil la Pitești" (in Romanian). jurnalul.ro. Retrieved 2006-03-16.
- "Bogdan Stancu un dolar minutul în contract" (in Romanian). gsp.ro. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Golgheterul Stelei il pune la punct pe Gigi Becali
- "Raț și Bogdan Stancu s-au accidentat și nu vor mai face deplasarea in Ungaria" (in Romanian). romaniansoccer.ro. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Bogdan Stancu KAP bildiri" (PDF) (in Turkish). Kap.gov.tr. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Galatasaray’da Üç İmza" (in Turkish). Galatasaray.org. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- FOTO / Asta e salariul OFICIAL al lui Stancu la Galata! Vezi cat va castiga!
- Reactia lui Stancu dupa ultimul gol pentru Galatasaray!
- "Bogdan Sorin Stancu'nun Orduspor Kulübü Derneğine 2011-2012 sezonu için geçici transferi konusunda anlaşma sağlanmıştır.". Turkish Public Disclosure System (KAP) (in Turkish). 23 August 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Stancu la borna cu numarul 4
- "Spieler der Woche: Bogdan Stancu!". gazetefutbol.com. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- Stancu scores goal after goal
- Stancu pe val
- Bogdan Stancu nu iartă: Orduspor urcă datorită altui gol al românului
- Nu se dezminte » Bogdan Stancu a înscris și cu Beşiktaş!
- Stancu, din nou decisiv! Românul a dat pasa de gol la singura reușită a echipei sale
- "Orduspor anunță: "L-am cumpărat definitiv pe Bogdan Stancu"". Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Bogdan Stancu se îmbogățește la Orduspor!". Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Stancu 3 yıllık sözleşmeyi imzaladı". genclerbirligi.org.tr (in Turkish). 25 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Bogdan Stancu marchează un gol la două meciuri.". romaniatv.net (in Romanian). 16 December 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Bogdan Stancu a înscris împotriva Galatei". Yahoo (in Romanian). 15 December 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- England U21 1-1 Romania U21
- Romania, doar egal cu Albania in preliminariile Euro 2012
- Romania, doar egal cu Albania in preliminariile Euro 2012
- Bogdan Stancu, încă un GOL cu 'dedicație': "Mă întorc sigur la Galata"
- "Bogdan Stancu, Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Bogdan Sorin Stancu, Profile with news, career statistics and history". Romaniansoccer. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Official FCSB profile
- Bogdan Stancu profile at Soccerway
- Bogdan Stancu's profile at RomanianSoccer.ro
- Bogdan Stancu's profile UEFA.com
|Steaua Top Scorer
(with Pantelis Kapetanos)
|Steaua Top Scorer