Bogomolets National Medical University
Національний Медичний Університет Імені О.О. Богомольця
Bogomolets National Medical University Logo
"Честь, Милосердя, Слава"
Motto in English
|"Honor, Mercy, Glory"|
|Undergraduates||Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Language||English , Ukrainian , Russian .|
Bogomolets National Medical University (NMU) is a medical school founded in 1841 in Kiev, Russian Empire by the Russian Tsar Nicolas I. The university is named after physiologist Alexander A. Bogomolets. NMU provides medical training for over 10,000 students, including about 1,300 foreigners from 56 countries. The university employs about 1,200 teaching staff.
The university was founded by the Royal Highness of Mykola. Bogomolets National Medical University is one of the best medical universities in Ukraine. It offers various courses in undergraduate and post-graduate levels to students. The university consists of 10 faculties. Bogomolets National Medical University also has a separate Institute for Post Graduate Education. The university is a pioneer in training medical specialists and research personnel in the field of healthcare. Bogomolets National Medical University has around 1500 professors. Included in the numbers are 855 Phd and 205 Doctors of Sciences. Thus, the students are trained by expert professionals and academicians in the field of medicine.
- 1860 : Vladimir Betz, was a Russian anatomist, histologist and professor of the Saint Vladimir University today (Bogomolets National Medical University), famous for the discovery of giant pyramidal neurons of primary motor cortex which later were named Betz cells.
- 1925 : Favst Shkaravsky, was an officer, physician and forensic expert in the Soviet army during World War II. He is most famous for having overseen the autopsy of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun in 1945.
- 1946 : Isaac Trachtenberg, member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Maryna Poroshenko, First Lady of Ukraine
- 1989 : Olga Bogomolets, singer, songwriter, physician, and presidential candidate
- Oleh Musiy, Minister of Healthcare (Ukraine)
Faculties and Department In Bogomolets National Medical University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Surgery Department
- Department of Infectious Diseases
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Neuro–Surgery
- Department of Radiology and Radiation Medicine
- Department of Human Anatomy Morbid Physiology
- Department Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Surgery
Bogomolets National Medical University Accreditation
- "BOGOMOLETS NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY". nmu.edu.ua. Archived from the original on 20 February 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Rus Education Kyiv National Medical University (O.O.Bogom". ruseducation.in. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Ukraine's "Top 200" university ranking - International Observ". ireg-observatory.org. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "MBBS in Ukraine : Admission, Fees Structure for Indian Students". Study Europe Education Consultants : Delhi. Retrieved 2019-12-23.
- "Bogomolets National Medical University, Ukraine | Fees Structure 2020-2021". Study Nation 360. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "MBBS in Ukraine - Fees Structure 2020, Duration, Eligibility, Reviews, NEET Requirement". Study Nation 360. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "List Of MCI Approved Medical Colleges Abroad 2020-2021 | MBBS Abroad 2020-21". Study Nation 360. Retrieved 2020-03-12.