|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto: Prayoga Tohaga Sayaga Kuta Udaya Wangsa Tegar Beriman|
Location within West Java
|Java and Indonesia|
|• Regent||Rahmat Yasin|
|• Total||2,663.83 km2 (1,028.51 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (5,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
Bogor Regency (Indonesian: Kabupaten Bogor) is a regency (kabupaten) of West Java, Indonesia, south of DKI Jakarta. It is considered a bedroom community for Jakarta, and is home to over five million people. Its administration is located in Cibinong.
It is bordered by Tangerang Regency, the cities of South Tangerang, Depok and Bekasi, and finally Bekasi Regency, all to the north, Sukabumi Regency to the south, Cianjur Regency to the southeast, and Karawang Regency to the east; it fully encircles Bogor City, although the latter is administratively independent of the regency. It is bordered by Lebak Regency (in Banten Province) to the west, although West Bogor Regency is in the process of being split off taking with it some 14 subdistricts (kecamatan).
The area has witnessed significant population growth. Two areas formerly within the Regency have been split off as autonomous cities; on 20 April 1999, the city of Depok was unified with some neighbouring districts of Bogor Regency to form an autonomous city of Depok (independent of the Regency); and Bogor city is also an autonomous city (similarly independent of the Regency).
In the 2010 census the Regency (minus the autonomous cities) counted 4,770,744 people, of which 2,450,426 are male. The latest official estimate (for January 2014) is 5,131,798. Given that the regency covers 2,663.83 km2 after the spinoffs of Bogor and Depok cities, the density stands at 1,926 people per km2.
Cibinong is its capital.
The regency is subdivided into 40 districts (kecamatan).
The Dutch name of the regency is 'Regentschap Buitenzorg'.
Nature reserves (cagar alam)
Within Bogor Regency the following nature reserves exist:
The above list excludes the 6 districts which comprise the autonomous city of Bogor:
- Bogor Barat, Bogor
- Bogor Selatan, Bogor
- Bogor Tengah, Bogor
- Bogor Timur, Bogor
- Bogor Utara, Bogor
- Tanah Sereal, Bogor
In Ciapus village, Ciomas district there are three waterfalls which can be easily reached by local tourists using Angkot 03 from Bogor to Ciapus in about 45 minutes. They are Curug (Waterfall) Daun, Curug Nangka and Curug Kawung. About 8 kilometers from the gate there is another waterfall in Gunung Malang village, Gunung Malang district. The Curug Luhur falls are 50 meters high and easily accessible.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Estimasi Penduduk Menurut Umur Tunggal Dan Jenis Kelamin Menurut Kabupaten/Kota Tahun 2014
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2011-01-18. BPS, Hasil Sensus Pendudukan 2010
- Badan Pengendalian Lingkungan Hidup Daerah (BPLHD) Archived February 28, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Whitten et al. (1996): The ecology of Java and Bali, Oxford University Press, ISBN 962-593-072-8
- Biro Pusat Statistik, Jakarta, 2011
- "Menjelajah Wisata Curug yang Menantang". February 9, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bogor Regency.|
- (in Indonesian) Official Website
- Nature reserve Dungus Iwul
- Nature reserve Yanlappa
- Nature reserve Telaga warna
- Nature reserve Pancoran Mas
||Tangerang Regency, South Tangerang||Depok, Bekasi (city), Bekasi Regency||Karawang|
|Lebak Regency||Purwakarta, Cianjur|