View of the lake from Bogstad manor
|Location||Oslo and Bærum, Norway|
|Max. length||2 km (1.2 mi)|
|Max. width||0.5 km (0.31 mi)|
|Surface area||1 km2 (0.39 sq mi)|
|Max. depth||9.5 m (31 ft)|
|Surface elevation||145 m (476 ft)|
Bogstadvannet (English: Lake Bogstad) is a lake between the city of Oslo and the municipality of Bærum, Akershus, Norway. It is part of Sørkedalsvassdraget, which in turn is part of Oslomarkvassdraget.
Originally, the lake was named Få(d)vannet after an earlier name for Lysakerelven, but has since taken the name of the Bogstad estate and manor, on the east shore of the lake. In addition to the manor, Norway's first 18-hole golf course (from 1924) is owned and operated by Oslo Golfklubb on the south shore and a large camping ground (Bogstad Camping) on the east shore south of the manor. The lake is a popular destination for swimming and sunbathing in the summer. In winter, inhabitants from all Oslo go skiing and skating on the lake and the surrounding area when conditions permit. It is also a venue for Christiania Roklub, a rowing club.
During the occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany from 1940 to 1945, the camping ground was used for military barracks. Structures from this time remained under Norwegian military administration until the 1950s.
The commercial development of Bogstadvannet was largely due to the works of the Bogstad estate. The Leucht family, succeeded by the Anker family, built a significant forestry enterprise in the area, and for many years the lake served as part of the waterway for floating lumber to mills along Lysakerelven.
- Hanssen, Reidar, ed. (1987). Oslos byselskapet (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget and Selskabet for Oslo Byes Vel. p. 100. ISBN 82-573-0228-7.
- Borgström, R., & O. Halvorson. 1968. Studies of the Helminth Fauna of Norway. XI. Caryophyllaeides fennica (Schneider) (Cestoda: Caryophyllidea) in Lake Bogstad. Nytt magasin for zoologi 16: 20–23.
- Hellerud, Synnøve Veinan, & Jan Messel. 2000. Oslo, a Thousand-Year History. Oslo: Aschehoug, p. 144.
- Christophersen, H.O., ed. (1985) . Oslomarka fra A til Å (in Norwegian). Trond A. Svensson (2nd ed.). Oslo: Universitetsforlaget and Oslo og Omegn Turistforening. p. 17. ISBN 82-00-06904-4.
- "Bogstadvannet" (in Norwegian). Municipality of Oslo. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Bogstadvannet" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Association for the Promotion of Skiing. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- Hopstock, Carsten (1997). Bogstad - et storgods gjennom 300 år (in Norwegian). I. Oslo: Boksenteret/Bogstad stiftelse. ISBN 82-7683-166-4.