|Look up bogue or Bogue in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bogue (also Bog and Boig) is the surname of an early family of the southeastern Scottish Lowlands (Borders). Bogues were part of the Angle invasion from western Germania c. 450 A.D. to northern Briton. The Scottish family is Anglo-Saxon, especially so the Bogues of Burnhouses, an estate (c. 1460 – c. 1700) located northwest of Duns.
Bogue may refer to:
- Borgue, Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland
- Bogue, Kansas, United States
- Bogué is an older spelling for the town of Boghé in Mauritania
- Bogue, North Carolina, United States
- Bocca Tigris or the Bogue, a narrow strait in the Pearl River outside Guangzhou, China
- A residential and commercial suburb of Montego Bay, Jamaica, incorporating reclaimed land from the Bogue Islands forming the Fairview Town Centre, Montego Freeport and Bogue Village
- The language Esimbi spoken in parts of Cameroon
- USS Bogue (CVE-9), an aircraft carrier of the United States Navy
- Bogue (Boops boops), a fish of the family Sparidae
- A cigarette
- In parts of the Deep South, a stream otherwise called a bayou or creek (from the Choctaw)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bogue.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.