Bohemian National Cemetery (Baltimore, Maryland)
Bohemian National Cemetery (Cesko-Národní Hrbitov)
|Location||1300 Horners Lane, Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Area||12,410 acres (5,020 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||10000910|
|Added to NRHP||November 11, 2010|
The cemetery was built in 1884 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 11, 2010. It was established by members of Baltimore's Czech community as a burial ground for Protestant and irreligious Czechs. The property is owned by the Grand Lodge Česko Slovanská Podporující Společnost (C.S.P.S.) Benevolent Association of Baltimore. Historically, buildings on the property were used to host social events, Sokol sports events, and other Bohemian/Czech cultural activities.
- William R. Jecelin, a soldier in the United States Army who posthumously received the United States Medal of Honor for his actions during the Korean War.
- August Klecka, politician and newspaper publisher.
- Maelcum Soul, actress in John Waters's early films Roman Candles and Eat Your Makeup.
- Dutch Ulrich, professional baseball player.
- Grand Lodge Č.S.P.S. of Baltimore
- Czech-Slovak Protective Society
- Category:Burials at Bohemian National Cemetery (Baltimore)
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 11/08/10 through 11/12/10. National Park Service. 2010-11-09.
- "Historic places letter of approval". Grand Lodge Č.S.P.S. of Baltimore. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "Rokos Family Czech-American Collection - PP145". Maryland Historical Society. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Shawn Gladden (October 2009). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Bohemian National Cemetery" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Bohemian National Cemetery, Baltimore, Md. : burials 1885-1986, Baltimore, Md. : S.n., n.d.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bohemian National Cemetery (Baltimore).|
- Official webpage for Bohemian National Cemetery
- Photograph of sign in Czech and English at gate entrance
- Bohemian National Cemetery, Baltimore, Md: burials 1885-1986
- Inventory of names for Bohemian National Cemetery
- Bohemian National Cemetery, Baltimore City, including undated photo, at Maryland Historical Trust