|- location||Great Dividing Range, North Queensland, Australia|
|- elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|- elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|Length||36 km (22 mi)|
|Basin||368 km2 (142 sq mi)|
Location of Bohle river mouth in Queensland
The headwaters of the river rise below Round Mountain in the Great Dividing Range and flow north along the coastal plain past Lake Ross. It continues flowing north parallel with Ross River and cross the Hervey Range Developmental Road east of Thuringowa and then the Ingham Connection Road east of Townsville. It then enters the Bohle River Fish Habitat Area and the Townsville Town Common conservation Park and discharges into the Halifax Bay near Bushland Beach.
The catchment area of the river occupies an 368 square kilometres (142 sq mi) of which an area of 26 square kilometres (10 sq mi) is composed of estuarine wetlands. The river drains most of the coastal plain west of Townsville.
The Bohle is located approximately 10 kilometres (6 mi) east of Townsville. Popular for river fishing, the Bohle River is also good for collecting bait. Yabbies are found from time to time in the muddy banks. Typical fish species found in the river are barramundi, red bream, mangrove jack and grunter.
The rivers is named after the drover Henry Mackinnon Bohle who worked for a pioneer of the area John Melton Black. Bohle overlanded a mob of cattle to Fanning Downs in 1863 and moved stock to the Cleveland Bay area in 1864 for Black.
Major flooding of the river has occurred in 1991, 1997, January 1998, April 2000, February 2007, February 2008 and February 2014.
- "Map of Bohle Creek Qld.". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Barratta Creek drainage basin". WetlandInfo. Queensland Government. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Flood Warning System For The Ross, Bohle & Black Rivers". Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "The Bohle River Area". Explore Townsville. 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Bohle River (entry 3478)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
|This Queensland river or creek related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|