Bohren & der Club of Gore
|Bohren & der Club of Gore|
|Origin||Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany|
|Genres||Ambient, dark ambient, jazz, downtempo|
The band was founded in 1992 in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany by Thorsten Benning, Morten Gass, Robin Rodenberg and Reiner Henseleit. Originally, group members started out playing in various hardcore bands such as 7 Inch Boots and Chronical Diarrhoea. In 1992 they produced a crossover of jazz and ambient, which they self-described as an "unholy ambient mixture of slow jazz ballads, Black Sabbath doom and down-tuned Autopsy sounds". Henseleit left the band in 1996 and was replaced by Christoph Clöser in 1997, replacing the guitar with a saxophone at the same time.
- Christoph Clöser – saxophones, piano, Fender Rhodes electric piano, vibraphone (1997-)
- Morten Gass – organ, synthesizer, mellotron, Fender Rhodes electric piano, 8-string bass, vocoder
- Robin Rodenberg – bass guitar, double bass
- Gore Motel (1994)
- Midnight Radio (1995)
- Sunset Mission (2000)
- Black Earth (2002)
- Geisterfaust (2005)
- Dolores (2008)
- Beileid (2011)
- Piano Nights (2014)
- Bohren For Beginners (2016)
- Luder, Samba und Tavernen (1993)
- "Drilling For Doom: And Finding It": Rock journalist Rick McGrath's intro/review of Bohren und der Club of Gore Archived May 1, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Geisterfaust": Review by Rick McGrath Archived May 9, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- "BUDCOG, Index". www.bohrenundderclubofgore.de.
|This article about a German band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|