Bohuslav, Count Chotek of Chotkow and Wognin
|Count Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin|
Count Bohuslav, portrait by Friedrich Kriehuber, 1870
|Spouse(s)||Countess Wilhelmine Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau|
Marie, Princess of Thun und Hohenstein
Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg
Oktavia, Countess von Glauchau und Waldenburg
Maria Antonia, Countess von Wuthenau-Hohenthurm
|Father||Karl, Count Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin|
|Mother||Countess Marie Berchtold, Baroness von Ungarschitz|
4 April 1829|
Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia
|Died||11 October 1896
Görlitz, Kingdom of Prussia
Bohuslav, Count Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin. (Czech: Bohuslav hrabě Chotek z Chotkova a Vojnína, German: Bohuslaw Graf Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin; 4 July 1829 – 11 October 1896) was a Bohemian nobleman and a diplomat in the service of Austria-Hungary. He was the father of Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, the morganatic wife of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.
Bohuslav was born at Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia, the younger son of Karl, Count Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (1783–1868) and Countess Marie Berchtold, Baroness von Ungarschitz (1794–1878). Bohuslav's father was the Governor of Tyrol, Vorarlberg, and Bohemia, and also a founder of the Tyrolean State Museum.
Marriage and family
Bohuslav married on 30 October 1859 in Kostelec nad Orlici to Countess Wilhelmine Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau (1838–1886), elder daughter of Count Joseph Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau and his wife, Countess Maria Czernin von und zu Chudenitz.
They had one son and seven daughters:
- Count Wolfgang Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (15 August 1860 – 10 December 1926), married in 1896 to Anna Elisabeth von Künell auf Nedamow; no issue.
- Countess Zdenka Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (1861 – 1946)
- Countess Marie Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (11 July 1863 – 21 June 1935), married in 1887 to Jaroslav, 2nd Prince von Thun und Hohenstein; had issue.
- Countess Caroline Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (19 November 1865 – 29 November 1919), married in 1886 to Count Leopold von Nostitz-Rieneck; had issue.
- Countess Sophie Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (1 March 1868 – 28 June 1914), married morganatically in 1900 to Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria; had issue.
- Countess Oktavia Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (5 May 1873 – 29 November 1946), married in 1898 to Joachim, Count of Schönburg-Glauchau and Waldenburg; had issue.
- Countess Maria Antonia Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (12 May 1874 – 13 June 1930), married in 1893 to Carl, Count von Wuthenau-Hohenthurm; had issue.
- Countess Henriette Chotek von Chotkow und Wognin (9 July 1880 – 19 March 1964), married in 1921 to Count Leopold von Nostitz-Rieneck; had issue.
|Ancestors of Bohuslav, Count Chotek of Chotkow and Wognin|
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh (editor). Burke's Guide to the Royal Family, Burke's Peerage, London, 1973, p. 238. ISBN 0-220-66222-3
- Willis, Daniel A., The Descendants of King George I of Great Britain, Clearfield Company, 2002, pp. 153, 613
- Enache, Nicolas. La Descendance de Marie-Therese de Habsburg. ICC, Paris, 1996. pp. 54, 58. French.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XV. "Hohenberg". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1997, pp.600-601.
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Bohuslaw, Graf Chotek von Chotkowa und Wognin[permanent dead link]
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser, Reference: 1980 478
|Austro-Hungarian Ambassador to Württemberg
16 December 1866 – 14 October 1869
Baron Otto of Walterskirchen
Count Friedrich Revertera of Salandra
|Austro-Hungarian Ambassador to Russia
14 October 1869 – 11 September 1871
Baron Ferdinand of Langenau
Count Karl Vitzthum of Eckstädt
|Austro-Hungarian Ambassador to Belgium
22 October 1872 – 24 April 1888
Count Rudolf of Khevenhüller-Metsch