|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Mr. Vilas Tare|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Boisar is an industrial area in Palghar District in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is located some 45 kilometres (28 mi) north of Virar, on the Western Railway line of Mumbai Suburban Division Mumbai Suburban Railway.
Boisar is gateway to the largest Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) of Maharashtra, i.e. MIDC Tarapur in Palghar taluka, well connected to Mumbai. Boisar is gateway to Tarapur Atomic Power Station (T.A.P.S.), India's first nuclear power plant, also now becoming the epicentre of Mumbai's urban population. T.A.P.S. houses two General Electric Mark 1 boiling water reactors (BWRs), each of 210 MW (since derated to 160MW), the first in Asia. These were constructed in the mid 1960s by the American companies Bechtel and GE near village Akkarpatti. A recent addition of two pressurised heavy water reactors (PHWR) each of 540 MW were brought online in 2005 and 2006, constructed by Larsen & Toubro, Afcons infrastructure ltd and Gammon India. The PHWRs are commissioned by Nuclear Power Corporation of India.
MIDC Tarapur is situated in Boisar, which contains over 1500 industrial units including global corporations such as TATA Steel, JSW Steel, VIRAJ Profiles etc. Tarapur also houses two large industrial estates Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation, Tarapur Industrial Estate and Additional Tarapur Industrial Estate), which include bulk drug manufacturing units including pharma giants like Lupin and Aarti drugs, specialty chemical manufacturing units, steel plants and a few textile plants.
Boisar also serves as home to India's leading companies D'Decor, DC textile mills, Raymond Group, Bombay Rayon Fashion, Duratex, etc. making its presence marked in India's growing industrial revolution. Boisar is also projects to contribute significantly to India's rising GDP by 2018.
Boisar is an important railway station on the Western Railway line of Mumbai Suburban Railway. There is a train in every 15 minutes. Along with Shuttle/Memu/EMU(Local trains) services, a number of long distance trains also stop in Boisar. Boisar is Improving in transportation Day by Day.
Boisar has a good road transportation to the nearby areas as well as other cities too. Buses operate regularly from Boisar by MSRTC to local areas including Tarapur, Chinchani, Bordi, Dahanu, Vangaon, Palghar, Makadchola, Umroli, Murbe, Dandi, Brahmanpur, and Nava Khadi. Long distance intercity buses connect to Thane, Nashik, Nandurbar, Bhusaval, Kolhapur, Pune, Satara, Paithan, Patoda, Shirdi, Aurangabad, and other cities.
IRCTC Code For Boisar is BOR.
Upcoming Housing Projects
- Arun Muchhala Group: Sai Baba Boulevard is an eco-friendly township located in Boisar, Maharashtra. It is one of India's largest integrated township that lies its foundation over 110 acres of land with industrial and residential apartments. The township boasts about 2886 flats, 832 retail outlets, 17 industrial units (dry industries), secondary school, college, nursing home, a modern party lawn, religious center and a senior citizens park.
- Mahindra Lifespaces: Happinest is a new initiative by Mahindra Lifespaces, the real estate arm of the Mahindra Group. Mahindra to complete the project in three to five years (2018).
- Tata Housing: New Haven is an upcoming project by Tata Housing, going by its name is a spacious and pleasant Value Home. Additionally, the township also offers a party lawn, community hall and convenience stores for daily necessities.
Boisar is well connected with Mumbai's local Western Railway (Churhgate/Bandra/Andheri/Borivali to Dahanu). There are fast, semi-fast and slow trains every hour to and fro to the city.
List Of The Trains Which Have Halts In Boisar.
- 19037/38 Bandra Terminus Gorakhpur Avadh Exp
- 19039/40 Bandra Terminus Muzaffarpur Avadh Exp
- 11101/02 Pune Gwalior Exp
- 19201/02 Secunderabad Porbandar Exp
- 19011/12 Gujarat Exp
- 12935/36 Bandra Terminus Surat Intercity Superfast Exp
- 19023/24 Mumbai Firozpur Janta Exp
- 16587/88 Yeshvantapur(Bengaluru) Bikaner Exp
- 19215/16 Porbandar Saurashtra Exp
- 22917/18 Bandra Terminus Haridwar Super Fast Exp
- 19021/22 Bandra Terminus Lucknow Exp
- 22927/28 Bandra Terminus Ahmedabad Lokshakti Super Fast Exp
- 19419/20 Chennai Central Ahmedabad Exp
- 16311/12 Kochuveli(Trivandrum) Bikaner Exp
- 16333/34 Trivandrum Veraval Exp
- 16335/36 Nagercoil Gandhidham Exp
- 16337/38 Ernakulam Okha Exp
Boisar has a number of schools and colleges. In the past few years, a number of construction projects have broken ground in the region. Schools and colleges are being set up for the increasing population.
- Sai Baba Boulevard School
- Seva Ashram Vidyalaya
- Shri Ram Centennial School, Kurgaon
- C.T.E.S. English Medium School
- Atomic Energy Central School and Junior College -I
- Atomic Energy Central School and Junior College -II
- Atomic Energy Central School and Junior College -III
- Chinmaya Mission Vidyalaya
- Tarapur Vidya Mandir & College (TVM)
- Teens World Corporate School
- S.D.Vartak Vidyalaya
- R.H.Save Tarapur
- Don Bosco School
- Adarsh Vidyalaya
- Jivan Viksas Shikshan Sansthche Anu Vikas High School, Dandi
- Atharv Academy
- Diparth Hindi High School
- Boisar Military School
- Dr. Homi Bhabha Vidyalaya, TAPS
- Sai Baba Boulevard College
- SAS Institute of Management Studies (MBA/MMS) Mumbai University affiliated
- Theem College of Engineering (diploma and degree) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's AGS college of Education (B Ed) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's MIDC college of Management (BMS) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's NAS college of Education (D Ed) Maharashtra Board affiliated
- Rajeev Gandhi Computer Saksharta Mission
There are a number of hospitals situated in Boisar, along with numerous private doctor clinics and nursing homes.
- Sai Baba Boulevard Nursing Home
- TAPS Hospital, TAPS 1&2 Colony
- TAPS Hospital, TAPS 3&4 Colony
- TAPS Dispensary, TAPS 3&4 Colony
- Boisar Nursing Home
- City Hospital, Ostwal
- Care Hospital
- Om Hospital, Yaswant Plaza
- TMRCT (Thunga) Hospital
- Parag Hospital & Orange Diagnostic Center
- Dayal Clinic
- Dr. Patil Hospital, Gosalia Park
Chinchani Beach and Tarapur Beach are the main tourist spots near Boisar. A number of gardens are inside Boisar. The Manor Dam, located in Manor, India, offers a panoramic view and is located 25 minutes from Boisar. Big Bazaar and various other malls are located in and around the vicinity.
- DNA Newspaper, Mumbai
- Times Of India, Mumbai
- Tarapur ki Aawaz
- Palghar Mitra
- Boisar Darpan
- Navyug Palghar
- Boisar Samachar
- Palghar Times
- Palghar Mirror
- jagat bharti-(hindi weekly)
- Mumbai Mirror
- Economic Times
- Maharashtra Times
- Hindustan Times
- Indian Express
Suraj Muchhala received National Real Estate Award for Excellence for best integrated township, Boisar". Akela Bureau of Investigation. March 29, 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
"Best Integrated Township of the year was accorded to Saibaba Boulevard". Accommodations Times. March 29, 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
"Sai Baba Boulevard bags best township award". DNA Syndication. April 4, 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
"Architect Rushikesh H: Urban Design Mass Housing". Retrieved 19 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Townships.|