- Not to be confused with Poisar.
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Mr. Vilas Tare|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Boisar is an industrial area in Palghar District in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is located some 45 kilometres (28 mi) north of Virar, on the Western Railway line of Mumbai Suburban Division Mumbai Suburban Railway.
Boisar is gateway to the largest Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) of Maharashtra, i.e. MIDC Tarapur in Palghar taluka, well connected to Mumbai. Boisar is gateway to Tarapur Atomic Power Station (T.A.P.S.), India's first nuclear power plant, also now becoming the epicentre of Mumbai's urban population. T.A.P.S. houses two General Electric Mark 1 boiling water reactors (BWRs), each of 210 MW (since derated to 160MW), the first in Asia. These were constructed in the mid 1960s by the American companies Bechtel and GE near village Akkarpatti. A recent addition of two pressurised heavy water reactors (PHWR) each of 540 MW were brought online in 2005 and 2006, constructed by Larsen & Toubro, Afcons infrastructure ltd and Gammon India. The PHWRs are commissioned by Nuclear Power Corporation of India.
MIDC Tarapur is situated in Boisar, which contains over 1500 industrial units including global corporations such as TATA Steel, JSW Steel, VIRAJ Profiles etc. Tarapur also houses two large industrial estates Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation, Tarapur Industrial Estate and Additional Tarapur Industrial Estate), which include bulk drug manufacturing units including pharma giants like Lupin and Aarti drugs, specialty chemical manufacturing units, steel plants and a few textile plants.
Boisar also serves as home to India's leading companies D'Decor, DC textile mills, Raymond Group, Bombay Rayon Fashion, Duratex, etc. making its presence marked in India's growing industrial revolution. Boisar is also projects to contribute significantly to India's rising GDP by 2018.
Boisar is an important railway station on the Western Railway line of Mumbai Suburban Railway. There is a train in every 15 minutes. Along with Shuttle/Memu/EMU(Local trains) services, a number of long distance trains also stop in Boisar. Boisar is Improving in transportation Day by Day.
Boisar has a good road transportation to the nearby areas as well as other cities too. Buses operate regularly from Boisar by MSRTC to local areas including Tarapur, Chinchani, Bordi, Dahanu, Vangaon, Palghar, Makadchola, Umroli, Murbe, Dandi, Brahmanpur, and Nava Khadi. Long distance intercity buses connect to Thane, Nashik, Nandurbar, Bhusaval, Kolhapur, Pune, Satara, Paithan, Patoda, Shirdi, Aurangabad, and other cities.
IRCTC Code For Boisar is BOR.
Upcoming Housing Projects
- Arun Muchhala Group: Sai Baba Boulevard is an eco-friendly township located in Boisar, Maharashtra. It is one of India's largest integrated township that lies its foundation over 110 acres of land with industrial and residential apartments. The township boasts about 2886 flats, 832 retail outlets, 17 industrial units (dry industries), secondary school, college, nursing home, a modern party lawn, religious center and a senior citizens park.
- Mahindra Lifespaces: Happinest is a new initiative by Mahindra Lifespaces, the real estate arm of the Mahindra Group. Mahindra to complete the project in three to five years (2018).
- Tata Housing: New Haven is an upcoming project by Tata Housing, going by its name is a spacious and pleasant Value Home. Additionally, the township also offers a party lawn, community hall and convenience stores for daily necessities.
Boisar is connected with Mumbai's local Western Railway (Churhgate/Bandra/Andheri/Borivali to Dahanu). Fast, semi-fast and slow trains have halts hourly.
List Of trains which have halts In Boisar.
Boisar has a number of schools and colleges. In the past few years, a number of construction projects have broken ground in the region. Schools and colleges are being set up for the increasing population.
- Sai Baba Boulevard College
- SAS Institute of Management Studies (MBA/MMS) Mumbai University affiliated
- Theem College of Engineering (diploma and degree) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's AGS college of Education (B Ed) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's MIDC college of Management (BMS) Mumbai University affiliated
- Deep Education Society's NAS college of Education (D Ed) Maharashtra Board affiliated
- Rajeev Gandhi Computer Saksharta Mission
- Competition Success Institute for SSC SBI/IBPS Banking Railway
There are a number of hospitals situated in Boisar, along with numerous private doctor clinics and nursing homes.
Chinchani Beach and Tarapur Beach are the main tourist spots near Boisar. A number of gardens are inside Boisar. The Manor Dam, located in Manor, India, offers a panoramic view and is located 25 minutes from Boisar. Big Bazaar and various other malls are located in and around the vicinity.
"Best Integrated Township of the year was accorded to Saibaba Boulevard". Accommodations Times. March 29, 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
"Sai Baba Boulevard bags best township award". DNA Syndication. April 4, 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Townships.|