Bokaro Steel City railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
Bokaro Steel City railway station
|Location||Balidih, Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand|
|Elevation||240 metres (790 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Eastern Railway|
|Line(s)||Gomoh-Muri branch line|
Adra-Bokaro Steel City branch line
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
Bokaro Steel City is a railway station on the Gomoh-Muri branch line and Adra-Bokaro Steel City branch line. It is located in Bokaro district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. It lies at the edge of Jharia Coalfield and serves Bokaro Steel City, and the surrounding mining-industrial area.
The railway station and the surrounding areas were earlier called Maraphari, in what was then Hazaribagh district. The surrounding areas are still referred to as Maraphari. With the construction of the Bokaro Steel Plant, the railway station was renamed Bokaro Steel City.
Amongst the railway lines earlier laid in the area was the Grand Chord of East Indian Railway Company which was opened in 1906. With the opening up of coalfields in the area between Gomoh and Barkakana, came the Gomoh-Barkakana line in 1927. The Bengal Nagpur Railway built the line from Nagpur to Asansol and opened it for goods traffic in 1891. The line was extended to Gomoh in 1907 and the Mohuda-Chandrapura link came in 1913.
The construction of the 143 kilometres (89 mi) long Chandrapura-Muri-Ranchi-Hatia line started in 1957 and was completed in 1961.
Railway lines in the Bokaro area (including Bokaro Steel City Yard) were electrified in 1986-89.
Loco shed and yard
Diesel Loco Shed BOKARO STEEL CITY- Also large yard for Bokaro Steel Plant, having WDM-2, WDM-3A, WDS-6 loco. Loco spotted in a distinctive green/red livery. Current holding of 66 (WDM2-29, WDM3A-20, WDG3A-21, WDS6-12) locos (10/13) for Bokaro Steel Plant and other purpose.
Electric Loco Shed- New shed commissioned in 2011 with WAG-5 transferred from other sheds. Holds a few WAG-7 as well. Current holding capacity is 91 (WAG5-46, WAG7-45) Locos.
- Bokaro Steel City railway station has 5 double-bedded non-AC retiring rooms and a four-bedded dormitory.
- On platform 1, IRCTC has opened a new food court. 
- Bokaro station has a fully air-conditioned upper class waiting hall and non-ac second class waiting hall at platform no.1.
- Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian canteen on platform no.1.
- Cloak Room in parcel office adjacent to platform no.1.
- Mobile charging points on all platforms.
- Cold water booth on all platforms.
- PCO/STD/ISD on all platforms.
- 12439/40 Ranchi Rajdhani Express
- 22823/24 Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express
- 12019/20 Howrah Ranchi Shatabdi Express
- 12831/32 Bokaro - Bhubaneswar Garib Rath Express
- 12365/66 Ranchi-Patna Jan Shatabdi Express
- 12801/02 Puri-New Delhi Purushottam Express
- 12875/76 Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express
- 22805/06 Bhubneshwar - New Delhi Superfast Express
- 13351/52 Dhanbad - Alappuzha Express
- 18103/04 Tatanagar - Amritsar Jallianwalabagh Express
- 12817/18 Hatia-Delhi Anand Vihar Terminal Jharkhand Swarna Jayanti Express
- 12825/26 Ranchi-New Delhi Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express
- 12365/66 Patna Ranchi Jan Shatabdi Express
- 17005/06 Raxaul - Hyderabad Express
- 17007/08 Darbhanga - Secunderabad Express
- 18609/10 Ranchi−Mumbai LTT Express
- 18621/22 Hatia - Patna Patliputra Express
- 18623/24 Hatia - Patna Rajendranagar Express
- 18625/26 Hatia - Patna Express
- 18627/28 Ranchi - Howrah Intercity Express
- 15027/28 Hatia-Gorakhpur Maurya Express
- 18618/19 Ranchi - Dumka Intercity Express
- 15660/61 Kamakhya - Ranchi Express
- 13425/26 Surat-Malda Town Express
- 13304/05 Ranchi - Dhanbad Intercity Express
- 13403/04 Ranchi-Bhagalpur Vananchal Express
- 18603/04 Ranchi - Bhagalpur Express
- 18605/06 Ranchi - Jaynagar Express
- 13319/20 Deoghar - Ranchi Intercity Express
- 58014/15 Bokaro Steel City - Howrah Fast Passenger
- 63591/92 Bokaro Steel City - Asansol MEMU
- 63595/96 Bokaro Steel City - Asansol MEMU
- 58033/34 Bokaro Steel City- Ranchi Passenger
- 53341/42 Dhanbad - Muri Passenger
- 68019/20 Jhargram - Chandrapura MEMU
- 53061/62 Barddhaman - Hatia Passenger
- 53335/36 Dhanbad - Ranchi Passenger
- "Bokaro's Robinson Crusoe, almost". The Telegraph, 14 February 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Bokaro". Glorius India. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Indian Railway History Timeline". Archived from the original on 14 July 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2008.
- "Major events in formation of S.E.Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Moonis Raza & Yash Aggarwal. "Transport Geography of India: Commodity Flow and the Regional Structure of Indian Economy". page 60. Concept Publishing Company, A-15/16 Commercial Block, Mohan Garden, New Delhi - 110059. ISBN 81-7022-089-0. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Sheds and Workshops" (PDF).
- "South Eastern Railway:Amenities at Stations". Retrieved 20 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bokaro Steel City railway station.|
|Preceding station||Indian Railway||Following station|
|South Eastern Railway zone|
|Terminus||South Eastern Railway zone|