LGA and town
|• Total||1,682 km2 (649 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
|3-digit postal code prefix|
|ISO 3166 code||NG.PL.BO|
The Plateau State University is located in Bokkos, was suspended in 2007 and reopened in 2012.
Bokkos Local Government has eight districts which are Bokkos, Mushere, Daffo, Sha, Manguna, Richard, Toff, and Kamwai. There are 20 electoral wards in Bokkos.
The Paramount ruler of Bokkos is called saf Ron/Kulere. He is the Chairman of the Bokkos traditional council.
Notable people from Bokkos include:-
- Joshua Dariye -former State governor
- Blench, Roger M. 2003. Why reconstructing comparative Ron is so problematic. In Wolff, Ekkehard (ed.), Topics in Chadic linguistics: papers from the 1st biennial international colloquium on the Chadic language family (Leipzig, July 5-8, 2001), 21-42. Köln: Rüdiger Köppe Verlag.
- "Post Offices- with map of LGA". NIPOST. Archived from the original on 2009-10-07. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Varsity Closure: Govt Opens Talks With Unijos[permanent dead link] This Day online, 09.14.2007
- "17 Plateau State University Courses Accredited By NUC". web.archive.org. 2016-04-01. Retrieved 2020-09-05.