In costume as the Alien
23 August 1953
|Died||22 December 1992 (aged 39)|
|Cause of death||Sickle Cell Anaemia|
|Occupation||Actor, visual artist|
|Known for||Performing in Alien (1979)|
|Height||218 cm (7 ft 2 in)|
Bolaji Badejo (born 23 August 1953, Lagos – died 22 December 1992, Nigeria) was a Nigerian visual artist and actor who became known as one of Hollywood's most unlikely on-screen performers in the role of the Alien in Ridley Scott's 1979 film Alien, his only film role. He died from sickle cell anemia at the age of 39.
Badejo was of Yoruba descent and was the son of the director general of the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation. He first studied in Nigeria, then in the United States before finally moving to London to specialize in graphic design. He was eventually discovered in a Soho pub by a member of Scott's casting team. He was chosen to play the part of the Alien due to his towering height. He was 7 ft 2 in (2.18 m) tall.
Badejo never returned for the Alien sequels, and the original was his only film credit. His family revealed that he returned to Nigeria in 1980 and began running his own art gallery in 1983.
- "Top-5 Celebrities Who Were Born In Nigeria". Naij.
- Staff (7 March 2016). "Bolaji Badejo, dos metros y 18 centímetros de extrema delgadez dentro de Alien". Hoy Cinema.
- Page, Thomas (7 March 2016). "Bolaji Badejo: The Nigerian giant who played 'Alien'". CNN. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- "Meet the man behind Alien's Xenomorph: photos show the actors who played movie monsters". The Telegraph. 18 May 2016.
- Chare, Nicholas (2017). After Francis Bacon: Synaesthesia and Sex in Paint. Oxon: Routledge. p. 164. ISBN 9781409411703.
- Keegan, Rebecca (2009-12-15). The Futurist: The Life and Films of James Cameron. Crown/Archetype. ISBN 9780307460332.
- Page, Thomas (31 October 2016). "Bolaji Badejo: The man who played 'Alien'". CNN. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
|This Lagos–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Nigerian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|