Map of Balochistan with Kacchi District highlighted
|• District president||Mir Ismail Satakzai|
|• General Sectary||Khalil Ahmed Sumalani|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
The district of Kachhi or Kacchi (Balochi: ضلع کچھی), known until 2008 as Bolan (Balochi: ضِلع بولان), is a district in central Balochistan, Pakistan. The Bolan area remained under one district Kacchi until 31 December 1991. The Deputy Commissioner’s office started functioning on 17 May 1992, Bolan became one of the four districts of Naseerabad Division - until the abolition of Divisions in 2000.
The Kachhi Plains are the home of Mehrgarh civilization. one of the most important Neolithic (7000 BC to c. 2500 BC) sites in archaeology, lies on what is now the "Kachhi plain" of today's Balochistan, Pakistan. It is one of the earliest sites with evidence of farming (wheat and barley) and herding (cattle, sheep and goats) in South Asia.".
Until the end of the 15th century the district had been a dependency of Sindh Around 1500 it was taken by Shah Beg of the Arghun Dynasty from Samma Dynasty of Sultan Of Sindh. the territory was conquered by the Kalhoras Amirs of Sindh, they were displaced by the Nadir Shah of Persia and he made it the part of Kalat Khanate in 1740. Kachhi was notified as a district on February 1965. At that time Naseerabad, Jhal Magsi and Jafarabad districts were included, these were separated in 1987.
The Union councils of Kachhi District are:
For centuries the main tribe of Bolan was Kurd Baloch and the chief of Bolan and the most prominent personality of Bolan was Sardar Mir Dinnar Khan Kurd Baloch. The major Baloch and Jamot tribes of the district are: Hanbhi Kurd, Rind,[Bangulzai] Raisani, Abro Talpur and Pahore and Airy and Sheikh also main population of tehsil Bhag.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kachhi District.|
- Bolan renamed Kachhi district
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Bolan - Government of Pakistan
- http://www.dawn.com/news/1012828/new-district-in-balochistan New district in Balochistan - DAWN.COM
- Hirst, K. Kris. 2005. "Mehrgarh". Guide to Archaeology
- Sibi District - Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 22, p. 338.
- PCO 2000, pp. 91–92.
- 1998 District census report of Kachhi (Bolan). Census publication. 105. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.