Map of Balochistan with Kacchi District highlighted
|• District president||Mir Ismail Satakzai|
|• General Sectary||Khalil Ahmed Sumalani|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
The district of Kachhi or Kacchi (Balochi and Urdu: ضلع کچھی), known until 2008 as Bolan (Balochi: ضِلع بولان), is a district in central Balochistan, Pakistan. The Bolan area remained under one district Kacchi until 31 December 1991. The Deputy Commissioner’s office started functioning on 17 May 1992, and Bolan became one of the four districts of Naseerabad Division, until the abolition of Divisions in 2000.
The Kachhi Plains are the home of the Mehrgarh civilization. One of the most important Neolithic sites in archaeology, lies on what is now the Kachhi Plain of today's Balochistan, Pakistan. It is one of the earliest sites with evidence of farming (wheat and barley) and herding (cattle, sheep and goats) in South Asia.
Until the end of the 15th century the district had been a dependency of Sindh Around 1500, it was taken by Shah Beg of the Arghun Dynasty from the Samma Dynasty of the Sultan Of Sindh. The territory was conquered by the Kalhoras Amirs of Sindh; they were displaced by the Nadir Shah of Persia and he made it the part of Kalat Khanate in 1740. Kachhi was notified as a district on February 1965. At that time Naseerabad, Jhal Magsi and Jafarabad districts were included; these were separated in 1987.
The Union councils of Kachhi District are:
For centuries the main tribe of Bolan was Kurd Baloch, and the chief of Bolan was Sardar Mir Dinnar Khan Kurd Baloch. The major Baloch and Jamot tribes of the district are: Hanbhi Kurd, Rind, Siapad, Bangulzai, Raisani, Abro Talpur and Pahore and Airy and Sheikh also main population of tehsil Bhag.Jatoi tribe is in large number.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kachhi District.|
- "DISTRICT WISE CENSUS RESULTS CENSUS 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk.
- Bolan renamed Kachhi district
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Bolan - Government of Pakistan
- New district in Balochistan, dawn.com
- Hirst, K. Kris. 2005. Mehrgarh, Pakistan - Life in the Indus Valley Before Harappa. Thought Co.
- "Sibi". Visitorsheaven.com. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Cities of Pakistan (Sibi)". PakistanPaedia. 2009-02-02. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
- Sibi District - Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 22, p. 338.
- "Ghulam Shah Kalhora and Relations With Kutch". Panhwar.com. 2002-11-02. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- PCO 2000, pp. 91–92.
- 1998 District census report of Kachhi (Bolan). Census publication. 105. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.