Boles Independent School District
|Boles Independent School District|
|Hunt County, Texas
ESC Region 10
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||50.91 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.39 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division I|
|Colors||Forest Green, Black, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
The district, founded in 1985, primarily serves Boles Children's Home, and was known as Boles Home Independent School District before the name change. Today the district serves the common public and is not only a children's home any longer. As of 2011 there is a waiting list to be a student at Boles ISD. The district's Superintendent is Dr. Graham Sweeney (named 2010 Superintendent of the year by the Texas Rural Education Association ).
The campus' fiber optic networking allows access to the Internet and the capability to extend that service to the Boles Children’s Home. Thus, the community is linked to the school via fiber. The district offers distance education courses and training through Region X Educational Service Center. The district is linked directly via T-1 to Texas A&M – Commerce and several other school districts through ET-LINC." 
Location and geography
The 36,700-acre (14,900 ha) territory of Boles ISD brushes along Lake Tawakoni. The Boles ISD campus is near the intersection of Texas State Highway 34 and Farm to Market Road 2101, 3 miles (4.8 km) north of Quinlan and 35 miles (56 km) east of Dallas. The Texas A&M University-Commerce is 33 miles (53 km) away from the Boles campus.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $16,435,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.035 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated three schools.
- Boles High School (Grades 9-12)
- Boles Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- Boles Elementary School (Grades PK-4)
Boles High School participates in the boys sports of basketball, football, track, and golf. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, volleyball, track, and golf. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Boles High School will play football in UIL Class 1A Division I.
Boles High School has various awards regarding the talent of its High School football team as they went undefeated for the regular season and were the 2008 Class A Division I State Semi-Finalists but lost to the Canadian Wildcats. They were also the 2007, 2008, & 2009 District Champions, and had three consecutive 10-0 undefeated regular seasons. The 'Stingerette' Drill Team also has various national recognition, especially for their high-kick routines. The Hornet Cheerleaders also have national recognition as a few of the members from the squad were fortunate enough to perform in the 2009 & 2010 Capital One Bowl. In 2014, the varsity football team went on to win the 2A-1 Region I District 6 championship for a second time in a row.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Boles ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Bland High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Home." Boles Independent School District. Retrieved on November 6, 2011. "9777 FM 2101 | Quinlan, TX 75474"
- About Boles "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "About Boles and Boles ISD Archived July 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.." Boles Independent School District. Retrieved on November 6, 2011.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.