Boling Independent School District
|Boling Independent School District|
|301 Texas Ave
ESC Region 3
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||69.81 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.11 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Boling Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Boling, Texas (USA). Located in Wharton County, a small portion of the district extends into Matagorda County. The district operates one high school, Boling High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $199,698,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.000 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated three schools.
- Boling High School (Grades 9-12)
- Iago Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Newgulf Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
Boling High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, power lifting, cross county, and track. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, power lifting, cross country, and volleyball. Boling High School sports compete in UIL Class 3A (Division II in football).
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Boling ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "About Boling Independent School District". Boling Independent School District. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Boling High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.