Bolivar Township, Benton County, Indiana
Location of Bolivar Township in Benton County
|Named for||Simón Bolivar|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Land||36.1 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||34.7/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453122|
Bolivar Township is one of eleven townships in Benton County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,252 and it contained 548 housing units. Bolivar Township was organized in March 1860 and named for South American liberator Simón Bolivar.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.1 square miles (93 km2), all land.
Cities and towns
- Otterbein (west half)
- Center (northwest)
- Oak Grove (west)
- Pine (north)
- Adams Township, Warren County (southwest)
- Medina Township, Warren County (south)
- Round Grove Township, White County (northeast)
- Shelby Township, Tippecanoe County (east)
The township contains one cemetery, Griffin.
- "Bolivar Township, Benton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Birch, Jesse Setlington (1942) . History of Benton County and Historic Oxford. Oxford, Indiana: Craw & Craw, Incorporated. p. 21.