Location of the municipality of Boljevac within Serbia
|Region||Southern and Eastern Serbia|
|• Mayor||Nebojša Marjanović (DSS)|
|• Municipality||828 km2 (320 sq mi)|
|Elevation||263 m (863 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Boljevac (Serbian Cyrillic: Бољевац, pronounced [bɔ̌ːʎɛʋat͡s]) is a town and municipality located in the Zaječar District of the eastern Serbia. According to 2011 census, the population of the town is 3,332, while population of the municipality is 12,865.
In 2010, the Commission on Concealed Mass Graves in Serbia discovered a mass grave of people killed by Yugoslav Partisans during World War II in the settlement of Zmijanac. Partisan troops took over the municipality in October 1944. They subsequently executed over 40 locals, including a priest of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Aside from the town of Boljevac, the municipality of is consisted of the following villages:
The following table gives a preview of total number of employed people per their core activity (as of 2017):
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||128|
|Distribution of power, gas and water||22|
|Distribution of water and water waste management||26|
|Wholesale and retail, repair||244|
|Traffic, storage and communication||69|
|Hotels and restaurants||38|
|Media and telecommunications||20|
|Finance and insurance||21|
|Property stock and charter||-|
|Professional, scientific, innovative and technical activities||24|
|Administrative and other services||28|
|Administration and social assurance||153|
|Healthcare and social work||116|
|Art, leisure and recreation||8|
- "Municipalities of Serbia, 2006". Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Serbia: Comparative Overview of the Number of Population in 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002 and 2011, Data by settlements" (PDF). Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2014. ISBN 978-86-6161-109-4. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Mass Grave Discovered Near Boljevac, Radio Television of Vojvodina.
- Kriv jer je sveštenik, Večernje novosti
- "ОПШТИНЕ И РЕГИОНИ У РЕПУБЛИЦИ СРБИЈИ, 2018" (PDF). stat.gov.rs (in Serbian). Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boljevac.|
|This Zaječar District, Serbia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|