Boll & Branch
|Founder||Scott Tannen, Missy Tannen|
|United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia|
|Products||bed sheets, blankets, pillows, mattress, organic cotton, bath towels, flannel sheets, beach towels|
Boll & Branch is a privately held, U.S. based, e-commerce company that sells luxury bedding online. Headquartered in Summit, New Jersey, the company manufactures and sells organic cotton bed linens, blankets and bath towels and are the first maker of such goods to be certified by Fair Trade USA.
Boll & Branch launched in January 2014 by a former third grade teacher, Missy Tannen and her husband, a former Wrigley and Kraft Foods exec, Scott Tannen, who self-funded the venture. Most of the company's products are manufactured in Kolkata, India with the cotton being grown by CHETNA Organic in Orissa, India.
The company's 2016 revenue was estimated to be $40 million. Its marketing campaigns promote that "3 US Presidents sleep on Boll & Branch sheets," which includes Presidents George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.
Boll & Branch has gained acclaim for the ethical and sustainable manufacturing of luxury bed sheets. In August 2015, the Company launched a line of organic cotton bath towels and introduced a line of crib sheets and blankets for babies in October 2015.
In June 2018, Boll & Branch introduced a line of ethically sourced Down pillows.
Boll & Branch received $7 million Series A funding from Silas capital in April 2016 and raised a $4 million Series B investment in October 2017.
- "Boll & Branch | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- File, Forbes Style. "Designer Spotlight: Boll & Branch First To Revolutionize Ethics In Luxury Bedding Industry". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Boll & Branch LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- Media, Laura Dunn Social; Professional, Communications; Founder; Style, Editor of Political; Media, Director of LED; Journalist; Author (2015-05-13). "Women in Business Q&A: Missy Tannen, Co-Founder and President, Boll & Branch | Huffington Post". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-20.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "This Company Will Make You Rethink The Sheets You Sleep On Every Night". A Plus. 2016-05-20. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Your best bedroom ever: Aim higher than luxury-hotel sheets – The Denver Post". 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Chhabra, Esha. "How One Self-Funded Home Decor Brand Is Challenging Big Box Retailers With Their Supply Chain". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- Gelles, David (2016-06-16). "With Organic Cotton and Online Ads, Boll & Branch Helps Indian Farmers". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "N.J. organic bedding brands help here and abroad". NJ.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "These are the sheets 3 living US Presidents sleep on — here's why you'll want to sleep on them too". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Why This Digital-First Bedding Start-Up Is Expanding to Brick-and-Mortar". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "These are the five hottest e-commerce companies today". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- File, Forbes Style. "Designer Spotlight: Boll & Branch First To Revolutionize Ethics In Luxury Bedding Industry". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- Branch, Boll &. "Boll & Branch Unveils New Line of 100% Organic Baby Products". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Boll & Branch adds flannel to assortment | Home Textiles Today". www.homeandtextilestoday.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "This company went through over 100 pillow prototypes before it landed on the perfect design for every type of sleeper". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Boll & Branch is saying memory foam mattresses are of the past". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Meet the $50 million bedding startup that wants to raise as little venture capital as possible". www.recode.net. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-03.