Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Aeroporto di Bologna-Guglielmo Marconi
|Elevation AMSL||123 ft / 37 m|
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (Italian: Aeroporto di Bologna-Guglielmo Marconi) (IATA: BLQ, ICAO: LIPE) is an international airport serving the city of Bologna in Italy. It is approximately 6 km (3.7 mi) northwest of the town center in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, about 200 km (120 mi) south-east of Milan. The airport is named after Bologna native Guglielmo Marconi, an Italian electrical engineer and Nobel laureate. With 6,580,481 passengers handled in 2014, it is now the 7th busiest in Italy.
For the period 2011–2013, the Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport planned the restyling and expansion of the Terminal. Bologna airport grew in size, from the previous total surface of 3,100 m2 (33,000 sq ft) to the current total surface of 3,100 m2 (33,000 sq ft). The number of gates increased from 20 to 24. Even the security checkpoints increased from 7 to 10 and 25 additional toilet facilities have been opened throughout the airport. Greater emphasis has been placed on commercial activities (there are now 35 shops instead of the previous 29), and in particular, in airside, after security checks, the "air" commercial areas have doubled (+136%), while in landside increased by 38%. Moreover, a new baggage handling system (BHS) has been installed in the new single check-in area on the ground floor (with 64 Check-in Counters). Now there are 5 piers with 2 air bridges for the direct transfer of passengers from the terminal to the aircraft. The restyling has been completed in the fall of 2013.
|Total Surface (m2)||36,100|
|Shopping Area (m2)||5,500|
|Number of Gates||24|
|Number of Security Checkpoints||10|
|Number of Toilet facilities||145|
Bologna airport has one runway (12/30; Length 2,800x45 m) made of bituminous conglomerate material, with 7.5-meter-wide side bands on both sides.
Airlines and destinations
|Year||Passengers Handled||Change %||Aircraft Movements||Change %||Cargo (tonnes)||Change %|
|1||Paris Charles de Gaulle||333.129|
|2||Frankfurt am Main||249.428|
- A1, (coming from Milan), Exit Bologna Borgo Panigale, take the by-pass.
- A13, (coming from Padova), Exit Bologna Arcoveggio, take the by-pass.
- A14, (coming from Ancona), Exit Bologna San Lazzaro, take the by-pass.
By-pass (Tangenziale): Exit No.4 bis.
The airport has 5,100 parking spaces, with different rates for short, or long stay. At the ground floor there are 10 car hire companies: Autovia; Avis; Budget Autonoleggio; Europcar; Goldcar Rental; Hertz; Locauto Rent; Maggiore; Sicily By Car – Autoeuropa e Sixt Rent a Car. Outside the terminal a taxi service is available.
By bus and train
The Airport is about 6 kilometres (4 mi) from Bologna Centrale railway station, one of the most important railway stations in Italy. When you arrive at the station, you can reach the Airport by Aerobus – BLQ shuttle service (Travel time: about 20 minutes), or by Taxi.
- Associazione Italiana Gestori Aeroportuali
- Terminal restyling and expansion
- "Telepass - Car Parks - Bologna Airport G. Marconi".
- "Aer Lingus".
- "airberlin is off to a flying start: new destinations and more flights in Europe as of summer 2016". Air Berlin. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Air Dolomiti Adds Munich – Bologna Service from Dec 2014".
- "HP Alitalia".
- "Emirates to Commence Bologna Service from Nov 2015". Airlineroute.net. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Ryanair Resumes Bologna – Thessaloniki Route from April 2016".
- "Update as of 27NOV14: Ukraine International Airlines Adds New Routes in S15".
- "WizzAir Expands Chisinau Network from Oct 2015".
- Traffic data
- "Driving directions to & from Bologna Airport G. Marconi".
- "Linea Aerobus: Aeroporto - Stazione Centrale".
- "Il tracciato".
Media related to Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport at Wikimedia Commons