Bolyai Institute is the mathematics institute of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Szeged, named after the Hungarian mathematicians, Farkas Bolyai, and his son János Bolyai, the co-discoverer of non-Euclidean geometry. Its director is Gyula Pap. Among the former members of the institute are Frigyes Riesz, Alfréd Haar, Rudolf Ortvay, Tibor Radó, Béla Szőkefalvi-Nagy, László Kalmár, Géza Fodor.
- Algebra and Number Theory (head: Mária Szendrei)
- Analysis (head: Lajos Molnár)
- Applied and Numerical Mathematics (head: Tibor Krisztin)
- Geometry (head: Árpád Kurusa)
- Set Theory and Mathematical Logic (head: Péter Hajnal)
- Stochastics (head: Gyula Pap)
Coordinates: 46°14′50″N 20°08′52″E / 46.2472687°N 20.1476898°E