Bombardier Innovia APM 200
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Bombardier Innovia APM 200 is an automated people mover system (APM) manufactured by Bombardier Transportation. The Innovia APM 200 is the successor to the Bombardier Innovia APM 100 (formerly known as the CX-100) and succeeded by Innovia APM 300. Designed as Bombardier's response to the popularity of the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Crystal Mover, the advancements the Innovia APM 200 made over the Innovia APM 100 is a brand new aerodynamic design, allowing for greater speeds and tighter turns. The Bombardier Innovia features a full composite construction, and is offered with multiple end cap options.
Each individual Innovia APM 200 car weighs 14.4 tonnes (31,747 lb) empty, with a weight of 21.627 tonnes (47,679 lb) with passengers. The car is configured to allow eight passengers to sit down, while 92 additional passengers can stand at a density of 2.7-square-foot (0.25 m2) per passenger. If there is enough room two wheelchairs can fit in each Innovia APM 200 car, in addition to sitting and standing room. A maximum of four cars can be coupled together in a single train. Each car is air-conditioned, lit, and includes tinted windows attached to the composite shell body.
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Skylink (2005) – 4.9 miles (7.9 km), 10 stations, 64 APMs
- London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 (2008) – 0.67 kilometres (0.42 mi), 3 stations, 10 APMs
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport PHX Sky Train (2013) – to be built in three phases. Phase 1 opened on 8 April 2013, connecting the METRO Light Rail station to the East Economy Parking Garage and Terminal 4. Phase 1A opened on 8 December 2013, and extended the line to Terminal 3, with a covered walkway to Terminal 2. The final phase, Phase 2, will extend the line to the Rental Car Center, and is expected to open in 2020 or later. When fully completed, the length of the line will be 2.17 miles (3.49 km), will have 5 stations, and a total of 18 APMs.
- Bombardier Innovia – family of automated transit systems
- Bombardier Innovia APM – automated people mover systems
- Bombardier Innovia Metro – automated metro systems
- Bombardier Innovia Monorail – automated monorail systems
- Adtranz C-100 – predecessor of the driverless Innovia APM 100
- Mitsubishi Crystal Mover – a competing APM rolling stock