|Directed by||John Rawlins|
Foreign correspondent Jim Montgomery agrees to quit his job when his fiancée Frankie threatens to return home to San Francisco without him, tired of his profession always coming first. He remains in Bombay, India for one more assignment, investigating a report of missing jewels. A mysterious man called Chundra continues to observe him.
With the case still unsolved, Jim and Frankie board a plane to Manila, unaware that the gems are aboard. A passenger is mysteriously killed, but not before the jewels are hidden in Frankie's case. George Lewis, another passenger, admits to being a courier for the diamonds, saying they are meant to be a gift to a foreign dignitary. Lewis, too, is then killed.
Montgomery encounters the culprit and is in danger of being thrown from the plane, but he is rescued by Chundra, who is actually a government agent. Frankie can't blame Jim this time for being in a hurry to get back to work and report the story.
- William Gargan as Jim Montgomery
- Irene Hervey as Frankie
- Maria Montez as Sonia
- Turhan Bey as Chundra
- Truman Bradley as Dr. Landers
- Lloyd Corrigan as Lewis
- Peter Lynn as Bland
- Bombay Clipper at Mariamontez.org
- Universal Plans Program Including 61 Major Offerings: Sixty-nine Reels of Short Subjects Also on List Announced at Meeting in Chicago Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 11 Feb 1941: A2.
- SCREEN NEWS HERE AND IN HOLLYWOOD: ' Gwangi' Is Placed on August Production List at RKO -- John Speaks Producer FIVE PICTURES TO OPEN ' Tight Shoes' on Wednesday at Rialto -- Capitol, Music Hall, Strand Get New Films By DOUGLAS W. CHURCHILL Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 16 June 1941: 11.
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|