||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: does not meet project guidelines (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bomberman Blitz is a DSiWare game developed by Hudson Soft. It supports up to eight players in local wireless and up to four players with online play. The game features 10 unique arenas, and all of the original power-ups such as faster walking, extra bomb rate and range. Taking advantage of the dual-screen Nintendo DSi, the game is played as upon one large playing field stretched across the two screens. Players can throw bombs on to the playing field from the side of the screens after they are defeated. It was released in October 2009 in Japan and November of the same year in Europe and North America. The game resembles the earlier title Bomberman DS.
As in other Bomberman games, the player drops bombs in attempt to eliminate other characters by having them be caught in the blast radius. There are also power-ups that give additional abilities, such as being able to pick up and throw bombs off-screen, or increases in character speed or bomb size.
The game has 10 stages to select from, each with unique features. The game also features a mode called Bomberman For Beginners were a player may learn the basic movements and strategies, and then later the more advanced along with combat.
Multiplayer was available both locally and over the internet with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection but online multiplayer and online leaderboards are no longer usable because Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection services were shut down in May 2014. Eight players can play simultaneously locally, while only four could online. Like all Nintendo DS games, a Friend Code needed to be exchanged between two players if players wanted to play with other specific players.
- "HUDSON'S DSiware Portal Site - EUROPE". Hudson Soft. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- "「いつでもボンバーマン」、10月7日（水）、 ニンテンドーDSiウェアで配信開始" (Portable Document Format) (in Japanese). Hudson Soft. 7 October 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- "Bomberman Blitz Blasts On To Nintendo DSiWare !". Hudson Entertainment. 9 November 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- van Duyn, Marcel (November 8, 2009). "Bomberman Blitz Review". NintendoLife. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- Rosenberg, Jared (September 16, 2009). "Hudson Confirms DSiWare Bomberman". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- Quillen, Dustin (September 15, 2009). "Hudson Bringing Bomberman Blitz to DSiWare". 1UP.com. Retrieved September 11, 2015.