||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Holme Olstrup, Denmark|
|Operating season||April 1. - October 24.|
The history of theme park BonBon-land can be dated back to when the Danish sweets boiler Michael Spangsberg got an idea to produce wacky candy with such funny names as 'mågeklatter', 'hundeprutter' and 'tissebleer'.
From early on the candy became very popular, and children wanted to visit the factory in Holme Olstrup (a small Danish town in the countryside) to see how the cheeky and delicious pieces of candy were made. However, the production of the candy had to fulfil some very strict regulations concerning hygiene, so the factory couldn´t continue to offer visiting tours. As a result, Michael Spangsberg came up with yet another good idea - to open a small Bonbon-land.
In 1992, the theme park opened with a mini candy factory, a cinema, a shop and four small boats, shaped like a duck in a small pond. The park was an immediate success with children and over the years many rides and attractions have been added making, despite with adult-oriented contents and toilet humor throughout, Bonbon-Land one of Denmark´s most popular children´s parks (in 2008 it was the eight most popular tourist attraction in Denmark) the park. In 2007, the Spanish-based entertainment company Parques Reunidos purchased the park. In total, Parques Reunidos owns 67 theme parks around the world.
From the beginning BonBon-land has focused on experiences that the whole family could enjoy. Today, Bonbon-land has over 60 different attractions and numerous activities on offer. Among the most popular rides in the park are the 4 roller coasters and the 2 water rides. There are also a number of playgrounds and a pirate track that visitors can try out.
Up until 1998, BonBon-land had expanded its park to cover an area of 85.000 m² (21 acres). When the Beaver-Rafting course was finished in 1998, it was suddenly more than 110.000 m² (27 acres). Then in 2003, in connection with the opening of ’Vildsvinet’, the park expanded yet again to cover roughly 130.000 m² (32 acres), which is now its current size. The most expensive amusements are the rafting course with a price of 32 million DKK, 'Vildsvinet' from 2003, with an estimated price of 25 million DKK as well as 'Hankatten' that had a price of 20 million DKK. New amusements in 2010 are 'Svend Svingarm' and a brand new 4D cinema.
|Ride Name||Type||Opened in||Manufacturer||Additional Information|
|Hundeprutterutchebane (The Farting Dog Switchback)||steel sit down||1993||Zierer||Reaches a speed of 18 mph (30km) on a 420 ft long track (128m) and a height of 15 ft (4,5m); height limit none / 1,1m alone. Force One model, train 2x10.|
|Vild-Svinet (The Wild Boar)||steel sit down||2003||Gerstlauer||Reaches a speed of 45 mph (73km) on a 1404 ft long track (428m) and a height of 72 ft (22m); height 1,25m. Euro Fighter model 500/8, the initial drop is at an angle of 97°.|
|Hankatten (Tom Cat)||steel sit down spinning wild mouse||2007||Gerstlauer||Reaches a speed of 34 mph (55km) on a 1303 ft long track (397m) and a height of 53 ft (16m); height limit 1,1m. Spinning Coaster model 380/4, car 2+2.|
|Viktor Vandorm (Victor The Water Worm)||steel sit down||2009||Zierer||Reaches a speed of 33 mph (53km) on a 2471 ft long track (750m) and a height of 46 ft (14m); height limit 1m. Tivoli Custom model, train 2x20.|
- Beaver Rafting - river rapids ride that opened in 1998. This 6-passenger raft ride is on a scenic 560m long course. Intamin.
- The Water Rat - log flume ride that opened in 1995. A 220m long ride that features 2 drops on the way. CB Design.
- The Albatross - diskO that was opened in 2004; height limit 1,1m. Zamperla.
- The Cobra Tower - drop tower that opened in 2001; height limit 1,2m. Fabbri.
- The Crow Trees - hoist yourself up tower that opened in 2006; height limit 1,2m. Premier Rides.
- Dillen (Mania) - air swing ride that opened in 1999; height limit none / 1,25m alone. Huss.
- 4D Film - theatre opened in 2010, currently showing The Little Prince.
- Hestorado - stationary 5D interactive laser shoot out that opened in 2011; height limit 1,1m. Alterface.
- Klitorskin (The Cod) - swinging ship that opened in 2002; height limit 1,1m.
- The Octopus - octopus ride.
- Paradise - walkthrough Candy Store that opened in 1992.
- Søløven (The Sea Lion) - dark boat ride that opened in 2005. CB Design.
- Svend The Swinging Arm - giant swing that opened in 2009; height limit 1,4m. Zamperla.
- The Tortoise - wave swinger that opened in 1994. Zierer.
- The Worm - roundabout ride.
- The Dragon - himalaya style ride.
- Fantasy World - walkthrough with fantasy-like scenes and kiddie play area that opened in 2009.
- Flying Insects - air spinner for kids.
- Hot Wheels - kids can operate cars, mini trucks, excavators (opened in 2006).
- Hugo the Happy Horse - on track horse ride.
- Play Areas - the park has a number of play areas with various activities for kids.
- The Seagull - children´s monorail.
- The Shrimp - dinghy ride.
- Trampolines - trampolines.
- Walk the Plank - challenge course.
- The Wet Dolphin - water play ground that opened in 2007.
The park has Arcade Games, various Test-Your-Skill Games and a Kiddie Show.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BonBon-Land.|