Bon Tempe Lake
|Bon Tempe Lake|
|Location||Marin County, California|
|Primary inflows||Lagunitas Creek|
|Primary outflows||Lagunitas Creek|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface elevation||718 ft (219 m)|
Bon Tempe Lake is a reservoir in Marin County, California. It is the widest lake in the watershed, and on Lagunitas Creek. Beneath its dam is Alpine Lake. Fishing and hiking are activities around the lake. Rainbow trout and both largemouth and smallmouth bass are caught in the lake.
The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment released a warning regarding eating fish caught from this lake based on the elevated mercury level.
- List of dams and reservoirs in California
- List of lakes in California
- List of lakes in the San Francisco Bay Area
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bon Tempe Lake
- TopoQuest map, USGS, retrieved September 17, 2007
- Admin, OEHHA (2014-12-30). "Bon Tempe Reservoir". OEHHA. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bon Tempe Lake.|
|This Marin County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|