|Industry||Products for the installation, renovation and maintenance of wooden floors|
|Headquarters||Murmansgatan 130, Box 210 74, S-200 21 Malmö, Sweden|
|Kerstin Lindell (CEO and President)|
|Products||Adhesives, Finishes, Oils, UV-finishes, Sanding machines, Abrasives, Floor care products for wooden floors|
|Revenue||SEK 1,3 billion (2011)|
Number of employees
Bona AB is a family-owned company founded in 1919. With its headquarters in Sweden, Bona is now present in more than 70 different countries all over the world through subsidiaries and country distributors. Bona provides products for the installation, maintenance and renovation of wooden floors throughout their lifetime and also supply UV coatings to leading international producers of wooden floors.
Bona pioneered waterborne finishes starting in 1979, and presented the patent in 1982.
Bona has production facilities in Sweden, Germany, the USA (as BonaKemi) and China.
The Bona story started in the 1890s, when Wilhelm Edner opened a grocery shop in Malmö, Sweden selling coffee and various household products. The years went by, the business developed and, during the 1910s, floor wax came into the picture; a completely new product on the Swedish market at the time. In August 1919, Wilhelm Edner registered a company called Aktiebolaget Bona. This is the date that Bona, the floor care company, was founded, since then the company has exclusively worked with the treatment of wooden floors. In 2012, Bona AB became the official hardwood floor care sponsor for the NBA.
In January 2007, Kerstin Lindell became President and CEO of Bona AB.
BonaKemi (also known as Bona US) is the American division of Bona. The company is located at 24 Inverness Place East, Englewood, CO.
In 1997, Bona US teamed up with Orange Glo International for their products, such as Orange Glo Wood Cleaner & Polish, and later the Orange Glo Hardwood Floor Refinisher, and other Orange Glo products.
Bona has products and solutions for contractors, homeowners and parquet producers. Their product portfolio is the Bona System.
- Renovation with waterborne finishes
- Dust-free sanding machines
- Ergonomic sanding machines
- Silane-based adhesives
- Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Bona Laminate Floor Cleaner
- Bona Express Disposable Wet Cleaning Pads for Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floors
- Bona Premium Spray Mop for Hardwood Floors
- Bona Premium Spray Mop for Stone, Tile & Laminate Floors
- Bona Clean & Refresh Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Bona Ultimate Hardwood Floor Care Kit
- Bona Multi-Surface Floor Care Kit
- Bona PowerPlus Hardwood Floor Deep Cleaner
- Bona PowerPlus Microfiber Deep Clean Pad
- Bona Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Bona Disposable Dusting Cloths
- Bona Express Disposable Wet Cleaning Pads for Hardwood Floors
- Bona Microfiber Dusting Pad
- Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad
- Bona Microfiber Pad Pack
- Bona Microfiber Cleaning Cover Twin Pack
- Premium Microfiber Mop for Hard Surface Floors
- Bona Hardwood Floor Mop Motion
- Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner
- Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Polish
- Bona Polish Remover with Scrubbing Pad
- Bona Wood Furniture Polish
- Professional Series Natural Oil Floor Cleaner System
- Professional Series Natural Oil Floor Cleaner
- Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Refresher
- Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Mop
- Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Care System
- Bona Pro Series Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner
- Bona Pro Series Stone, Tile & Laminate Refill Cartridge
- Bona Pro Series Stone, Tile & Laminate Refresher
- Bona Pro Series Stone, Tile & Laminate Gallon Refill
- Bona Pro Series Microfiber Pads
Bona is the supplier of UV-coatings to international producers of wooden floors.
- "Official Harwood floor care NBA 2012". NBA. Archived from the original on December 11, 2013. Retrieved November 30, 2013.