|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Bonab (Persian: بناب; also Romanized as Bonāb and Benāb; also known as Bināb, Bunab, Binov, and Binev) is a city in and the capital of Bonab County, East Azerbaijan Province, Iran. It is located west of Maragheh on the outwash plain above Lake Urmia. The people speak Azerbaijani. At the 2006 census, its population was 75,332, in 19,922 families.
Colleges and universities
- Bonab Higher Education Complex
- Islamic Azad University of Bonab
- Payame Noor University of Bonab
Bonab has a cold semi-arid climate (Köppen climate classification BSk), with an average annual temperature of 11.6°C. The warmest month, on average, is July with an average temperature of 77.2°F (25.1°C). The coolest month on average is January, with an average temperature of 26.8°F (-2.9°C).
Bonab is famous for its big Kabab_koobideh. Nowadays there are many restaurants around Iran started to serving the same recipe of Bonan Kabab.
Bicycle city of iran
In 1996 the bicycle competition is constructed with Mohammad Mirzadoost mayor of bonab in 1984-1988.
- Bonab can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3055985" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
|This Bonab County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|