Bonavista State Park Golf Course
|Bonavista State Park Golf Course|
|Location||Town of Ovid
7194 County Road 132,
Ovid, New York
|Area||247 acres (1.00 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||6,409 (in 2014)|
|Open||April to November|
|Website||Bonavista State Park Golf Course|
Bonavista State Park Golf Course is a 247-acre (1.00 km2) state park and golf course located in the Town of Ovid, just west of the Village of Ovid, New York, United States. The park is located between Sampson State Park and Seneca Lake State Park and overlooks Seneca Lake.
Bonavista State Park's property was once farmland, and was farmed by residents of the Willard Asylum for the Chronic Insane. The golf course contains apple and pear trees that remain from the farm's orchard.
The park features a nine-hole golf course, which can allow for an 18-hole round by playing each hole from different tees. The park also includes a clubhouse, restaurant, picnic areas, and a snack bar.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook. The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. Table O-9. Retrieved January 31, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Bonavista State Park Golf Course - Hours of Operation". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Bonavista State Park Golf Course". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Bonavista State Park Golf Course". I Love the Finger Lakes. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
|This article about a location in Seneca County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports venue in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|