Bondi Icebergs Club
|Bondi Icebergs Swimming Club|
Bondi Baths, a swimming pool managed by the Bondi Icebergs Swimming Club
|Address||Bondi Beach, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Type||Tidal pool with associated winter swimming club|
|Sauna; museum; licensed club|
The Bondi Icebergs Swimming Club is an Australian winter swimmers club, located at the southern end of Bondi Beach in Sydney, New South Wales. The swimming club was established in 1929 and has a small museum on the first floor. A defining characteristic of the Club is a rule that to maintain membership it was mandatory that swimmers compete on three Sundays out of four for a period of five years.
The Bondi Icebergs Winter Swimming Club compete against Cronulla Polar Bears Winter Swimming Club, South Maroubra Dolphins Winter Swimming Club, Clovelly Eskimos Winter Swimming Club, Maroubra Seals Winter Swimming Club, Coolangatta Surf Life Saving Club, Coogee Penguins Winter Swimming Club, Bronte Splashers, Wollongong Whales and Cottesloe Crabs in the Winter Swimming Association of Australia Championships.
- Whyte, Sarah (1 November 2014). "Surf Life Saving Australia leaves Bondi office space empty for four years while regional clubs struggle". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Welcome to Time Out".
- "How we began". Heritage. Bondi Icebergs. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Home". Water Polo By The Sea. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- "Jim Beam turns iconic Bondi Icebergs Pool into the world's largest ESKY cooler via The Works".
- [dead link]
- "My Site". www.wsaainc.com.
- Official website
- Bondi Icebergs Club on Twitter
- Bondi Icebergs Club on Facebook
- Bondi Icebergs Club on Instagram