The commercial zone of Bondy on the N3 road
Paris and inner ring départements
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Sylvine Thomassin|
|Area1||5.47 km2 (2.11 sq mi)|
|• Density||9,700/km2 (25,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||93010 / 93140|
|Elevation||37–65 m (121–213 ft)
(avg. 52 m or 171 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The name Bondy was recorded for the first time around AD 600 as Bonitiacum, meaning "estate of Bonitius", a Gallo-Roman landowner.
During the Middle Ages Bondy was primarily forest. The forest of Bondy was a well-known haunt of bandits and robbers and was extremely dangerous.
On 3 January 1905, a third of the territory of Bondy was detached and became the commune of Les Pavillons-sous-Bois.
On 30 October 2007, a gas explosion killed one person and injured 47 people.
- Frederic Bakekolo, handball player
- Élodie Fontan, actress
- Serge Gakpe, footballer
- Mohamed Hamidi
- Max Hilaire, footballer
- Muriel Hurtis, track and field, athlete
- Steeven Joseph-Monrose, footballer
- Kevin Lafrance, footballer
- David Larose, judoka
- André Malraux, spent much of his childhood in Bondy
- Sylvain Meslien, footballer
- Guy Moussi, footballer
- Michael Nicoise, footballer
- Maureen Nisima, fencer
- Birthplace of Claude-Carloman de Rulhière (1735–1791), poet and historian.
- Lalya Sidibe, basketball player
- Doriane Tahane, basketball player
- Audrey Tcheumeo, judoka
- Teddy Tinmar, athlete
- Bakaye Traoré, footballer
- Fodie Traore, footballer
- Jimmy Vicaut, athlete
- Thierry Zig, basketball player
- Elisa Doughty, singer, actress, model
- David Bondy, cartographer
- 13 public preschools
- 14 public elementary schools
- Junior high schools: Pierre Brossolette, Henri Sellier, Jean Zay, Jean Renoir, Pierre Curie
- Senior high schools: Lycée Léo-Lagrange, Lycée Marcel-Pagnol, Lycée Jean-Renoir
- "Vie scolaire." Bondy. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- "Les écoles maternelles." Bondy. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- "Les écoles élémentaires." Bondy. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- "60 millions d’euros pour les collèges." Bondy. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- "Les lycées." Bondy. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bondy.|
- Town council website (in French)
|This Seine-Saint-Denis geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|