The peak viewed from the trail to the northeast.
|Elevation||2828+ ft (862+ m) NAVD 88|
|Listing||Sierra Club LPC|
|Location||Ventura County, California, U.S.|
|Parent range||Santa Monica Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS Triunfo Pass|
Boney Peak, also known as Mount Boney, is a peak in the Santa Monica Mountains in Ventura County, in Southern California. It is located in the Circle X Ranch Park, within the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area. It is one of the highest points in the Santa Monica Mountains. Sandstone Peak, the high point of the Santa Monica Mountains, is located less than a mile to the northeast along the same ridge of volcanic rock. The whole ridge area is collectively named Boney Mountain, which also includes Exchange Peak and Tri Peaks.
Hiking trails reach Boney Mountain and Peak, and feature views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, and Mount Baldy. Several lead to a waterfall unofficially called Sycamore Canyon Waterfall.
The Boney Mountain Wilderness area is in the adjacent Point Mugu State Park.
- "Lower Peaks Committee List". Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "Boney Peak". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "Boney Peak". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "Boney Peak : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost". www.summitpost.org. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "Circle X Ranch" (PDF). Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, National Park Service. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Circle X Ranch Park.|
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area: Circle X Ranch Park trail website
- NPS: Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area website
|This Ventura County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|