Bonham Independent School District
|Bonham Independent School District|
|1005 Chestnut St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||158.95 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.30 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football & Basketball|
|Colors||Purple and white|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
The district operates one high school, Bonham High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $539,384,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.008 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. 49% of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2013: Met Standard
- 2012: No Rating Given
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in six schools.
- Bonham High School (grades 9-12)
- L.H. Rather Junior High School (grades 7-8)
- I.W. Evans Intermediate School (grades 4-6)
- Finley-Oates Elementary School (grades K-3)
- Fannin County Head Start (pre-K)
- Special Assignment Center (grades 5-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bonham ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Bonham High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|