|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
7.1.4 / December 3, 2015
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Russian|
Bonita BPM is an open-source business process management and workflow suite created in 2001. It was started in France National Institute for Research in Computer Science, and then had incubated several years inside of the French computer science company Groupe Bull. Since 2009, the development of Bonita is supported by a company dedicated to this activity: Bonitasoft.
Bonita BPM has three major components:
- Bonita Studio: It allows the user to graphically modify business processes following the BPMN standard. The user can also connect processes to other pieces of the information system (such as messaging, enterprise resource planning, enterprise content management, and databases) in order to generate an autonomous business application accessible as a web form. Bonita Studio also allows the user to design graphically the forms that will be shown to the end user in order to interact with the process. Moreover, the Studio allows the user to get started with processes designed with other standards and technologies such as XPDL or jBPM. It relies on Eclipse.
- Bonita BPM Engine: The BPM engine is a Java application that executes process definitions created with Bonita Studio. Engine API allows the user to interact programmatically with his/her processes. It is available under LGPL. It relies on Hibernate.
- Bonita Portal: It is a portal that allows each end-user to manage, in a webmail-like interface, all the tasks in which they are involved. The portal also allow the owner of a process to administer and to get reports about processes. It relies on AngularJS.
Bonita BPM can be used for creating high-tech workflows and spreadsheets similar to document creation using Microsoft Excel and/or Apple Automator.
Bonita Sample Programs to use out of the box: http://www.bonitasoft.com/process-library
- 2001: First version of Bonita, at INRIA
- 2008: Bonita 4, at Groupe Bull
- June 2009: Creation of Bonitasoft, the company supporting Bonita BPM
- September 2009: Bonitasoft raises 3 million dollars
- January 2010: Release of Bonita Open Solution, 5th version of Bonita.
- June 2010: Release of Bonita Open Solution 5.2
- October 2010: Release of 5.2.4 (installer size, 219 MB; installed folder size, 331 MB)
- November 2010: Launched Bonita Open Solution 5.3
- 22–23 December 2010: Bonita Open Solution 5.3.2 is released. Bonitasoft reaches 100 paying customers of its software BOS
- January 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.4 was released., which offers key feature upgrades to achieve greater usability. Bonita Open Solution was downloaded more than half million times.
- May 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.5 was released, which builds critical new features into Bonitasoft’s core offering that make developing, testing and managing BPM applications faster and easier.
- September 13, 2011: Bonitasoft closes $11 million Series B funding to fuel continued worldwide growth and momentum.
- October 19, 2011: Bonitasoft BPM surpasses one million downloads and 250 paying customers.
- October 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.6 released, adding new offers to maximize productivity, accelerate business process-driven application delivery, and secure mission critical deployments.
- September 28, 2012: 5.7.3
- October 11, 2012: 5.8
- November 20, 2012: 5.9
- January 8, 2013: 5.9.1
- March 15, 2013: 5.10 – Supports clustering on the Bonitasoft Subscription Packs (SP) but not clustering on the Bonitasoft Open Source (BOS).
- June 5, 2013: Bonita BPM 6.0 was released, with a complete rewrite of the Engine and the Portal.
- July 8, 2014: Bonitasoft introduces BonitaCloud 
- December 16, 2014: Bonita BPM 6.4.0 was released.
- June 18, 2015: Bonita BPM 7.0.0 was released.
- August 6, 2015: Bonita BPM 7.0.2 was released.
- Business process modeling
- Business Process Model and Notation
- Comparison of Business Process Modeling Notation tools
- (in English) How Bonitasoft helped Konica Minolta achieve customer contract management optimization, 08/09/2011
- (in French) Le monde informatique, 18/09/2009
- (in Spanish) Finanzas.com/EuropaPress – Bonitasoft, BPM de código abierto supera medio millón de descargas, 16-11-2010
- (in Spanish) Comunicado a EP – Bonitasoft supera los 100 clientes de su software de código abierto de gestión de procesos de negocio (BPM), 23-12-2010
- (in English) BonitaSoft's Open Source BPM Platform Supports CMIS, Cloud Deployments, 02-02-2011
- (in English) Bonitasoft Closes $11 Million Series B Funding Archived June 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., 13-09-2011
- (in English) One Million Downloads and 250 Customers Archived December 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 19-10-2011
- (in English) Bonitasoft launches new BPM offerings Archived December 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 27-09-2011
- (in English) Be Efficient: Bonitasoft Introduces New Bonita BPM 6 Platform, 05-06-2013
- (in English) Bonitasoft introduces BonitaCloud, 2014/07/08
- (in French) Bonita BPM 6.4 release, 2014/12/16
- (in English) Bonitasoft ties BPM, traditional enterprise apps together in latest update, 18-06-2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Business process management.|