7.7 / June 7, 2018
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Russian|
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bonita is an open-source business process management and workflow application platform created in 2001. It was begun at the French National Institute for Research in Computer Science, and subsequently transferred to Groupe Bull. In 2009, the Director of the BPM division, Miguel Valdes Faura - with two of his teammates (Charles Souillard and Rodrigue Le Gall) - founded Bonitasoft, the company which has continued the development of the open source platform and has made it available in both a free, open source community edition and a commercial subscription edition.
The Bonita application platform has several major components:
- Bonita Studio: It allows the user to graphically modify business processes using parts of the BPMN standard. The user can also connect processes to other pieces of the information system (such as messaging, enterprise resource planning, enterprise content management, and databases) in order to generate an autonomous business application accessible via web portals, web forms, and mobile devices. Bonita Studio also allows the user to start with processes designed with other standards and technologies such as XPDL or jBPM. It is based on Eclipse.
- Bonita BPM Engine: The BPM process engine is a Java application that executes process definitions created with Bonita Studio. REST and Bonita Engine APIs allow the user to interact programmatically with other processes, platforms, and information systems. It is available under LGPL.
- Bonita Portal: This is an out-of-the-box portal that allows end users to manage the tasks in which they are involved. The Bonita portal also allows the owner of a process to administer and to get reports about processes. It is based on AngularJS.
- Bonita UI Designer: Provides out-of-the-box features, based on AngularJS and Bootstrap, and extension points that allow user interface developers to mix graphical tools, tooling and frameworks, and custom coding to develop customized user interfaces.
- Bonita Continuous Delivery: an add–on based on Docker and Ansible that permits automatic provisioning with Amazon AWS cloud technology.
The Bonita platform is used to create workflow- or process-based business applications, used by organizations for better efficiency in everyday operations, or for strategic digital transformation of business.
Bonita applications are used for diverse projects in industries that depend on complex workflows; for some examples, processes that are used in:
- education: university user account management; grant invoicing and payment allocation
- energy: energy usage curtailing process; energy production monitoring and prediction
- financial services: insurance for brokers and customers; loan requests management
- healthcare: patient care; analytical processes in drug discovery
- manufacturing: product development; engineering change management
- public sector: e-government, procurement
- telecommunications & media: customer subscription; infrastructure service delivery
- retail: on-line security alert processes
- 2001: First version of Bonita, at INRIA
- 2008: Bonita 4, at Groupe Bull
- June 2009: Creation of Bonitasoft, the company supporting Bonita BPM
- September 2009: Bonitasoft raises 3 million dollars
- January 2010: Release of Bonita Open Solution, 5th version of Bonita.
- June 2010: Release of Bonita Open Solution 5.2
- October 2010: Release of 5.2.4 (installer size, 219 MB; installed folder size, 331 MB)
- November 2010: Launched Bonita Open Solution 5.3
- 22–23 December 2010: Bonita Open Solution 5.3.2 is released. Bonitasoft reaches 100 paying customers of its software BOS
- January 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.4 was released., which offers key feature upgrades to achieve greater usability. Bonita Open Solution was downloaded more than half million times.
- May 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.5 was released, which builds critical new features into Bonitasoft’s core offering that make developing, testing and managing BPM applications faster and easier.
- September 13, 2011: Bonitasoft closes $11 million Series B funding to fuel continued worldwide growth and momentum.
- October 19, 2011: Bonitasoft BPM surpasses one million downloads and 250 paying customers.
- October 27, 2011: Bonita Open Solution 5.6 released, adding new offers to maximize productivity, accelerate business process-driven application delivery, and secure mission critical deployments.
This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (August 2018)
- September 28, 2012: 5.7.3
- October 11, 2012: 5.8
- November 20, 2012: 5.9
- January 8, 2013: 5.9.1
- March 15, 2013: 5.10 – Supports clustering on the Bonitasoft Subscription Packs (SP) but not clustering on the Bonitasoft Open Source (BOS).
- June 5, 2013: Bonita BPM 6.0 was released, with a complete rewrite of the Engine and the Portal.
- July 8, 2014: Bonitasoft introduces BonitaCloud 
- December 16, 2014: Bonita BPM 6.4.0 was released.
- June 18, 2015: Bonita BPM 7.0.0 was released.
- August 6, 2015: Bonita BPM 7.0.2 was released.
- September 16, 2015: Bonita BPM 7.1 was released.
- Feb 9, 2016: Bonita BPM 7.2 was released.
- July 19, 2017: Bonita BPM 7.3 was released.
- January 5, 2017: Bonita BPM 7.4 was released.
- May 30, 2017: Bonita BPM 7.5 was released.
- December 8, 2017: Bonita 7.6 was released.
- June 7, 2018: Bonita 7.7 was released.
- Business process modeling
- Business Process Model and Notation
- Comparison of Business Process Modeling Notation tools
- digital transformation
- low code development platforms
- "Founder Interview: BonitaSoft CEO Miguel Valdés-Faura on building a global software company from France". August 12, 2013.
- "Business Interviews: Miguel Valdes Faura". July 8, 2015.
- "First Impressions: Bonita Open Solution". April 1, 2013.
- "Be Efficient: Bonitasoft Introduces New Bonita BPM 6 Platform". June 5, 2013.
- "Bonitasoft Offers Open Source, Low–Code Platform on AWS Cloud". January 16, 2018.
- "Bonita BPM 7 dope les applications orientées métiers" (in French). June 19, 2015.
- "Bonitasoft gets cute on AWS for low–code BPM". Jan 17, 2018.
- "The Transformational Power of BPM". December 6, 2017.
- "Bonitasoft Announces 3rd Key Recognition for Digital Transformation". June 8, 2017.
- "Bonita runs critical applications everywhere". Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "EnerNOC powers up BPM to automate a core business process". March 17, 2015.
- "CORESO Wins 2016 WfMC Global Award for Excellence in Business Process Management". December 15, 2016.
- "Bonitasoft Honored as Gold Winner in 2017 Golden Bridge Awards® for Best Deployments,". August 24, 2017.
- "Julien Valentin of Credit Agricole". May 2, 2017.
- "Bonita BPM Rocks!". November 3, 2016.
- (in French) Le monde informatique, 18/09/2009
- (in Spanish) Finanzas.com/EuropaPress – Bonitasoft, BPM de código abierto supera medio millón de descargas, 16-11-2010
- (in Spanish) Comunicado a EP – Bonitasoft supera los 100 clientes de su software de código abierto de gestión de procesos de negocio (BPM), 23-12-2010
- (in English) BonitaSoft's Open Source BPM Platform Supports CMIS, Cloud Deployments, 02-02-2011
- (in English) Bonitasoft Closes $11 Million Series B Funding Archived June 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., 13-09-2011
- (in English) One Million Downloads and 250 Customers Archived December 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 19-10-2011
- (in English) Bonitasoft launches new BPM offerings Archived December 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 27-09-2011
- (in English) Be Efficient: Bonitasoft Introduces New Bonita BPM 6 Platform, 05-06-2013
- (in English) Bonitasoft introduces BonitaCloud, 2014/07/08
- (in French) Bonita BPM 6.4 release, 2014/12/16
- (in English) Bonitasoft ties BPM, traditional enterprise apps together in latest update, 18-06-2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Business process management.|