|Studio album by Big Pig|
|Recorded||1987 at Metropolis Studios, Melbourne, Australia
Rhinoceros Studios, Sydney, Australia[A]
|Label||White Label Records
A&M Records (North America)
|Big Pig chronology|
|Singles from Bonk|
Bonk is the debut studio album by Australian rock band Big Pig. It was released in March 1988 on White Label Records. The album went gold, then platinum in Australia with three top-twenty singles ("Hungry Town", "Breakaway" and "Big Hotel"). The album was released in America by A&M Records in 1988, and the music video for "Breakaway" was played on MTV. "Breakaway" was featured on the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure soundtrack and "Hungry Town" on the Young Einstein soundtrack. "Breakaway" and "Money God" were used in the Miami Vice TV series in the 1980s. "Breakaway" was also featured in Season 1, Episode 4 of Glitch (TV series).
It was re-issued in 1992 by Mushroom Records.
- "Iron Lung" - 3:34
- "Hungry Town" - 3:06
- "Tin Drum" - 4:22
- "Breakaway" (Gary Zekley, Mitch Bottler) - 3:38
- "Boy Wonder" - 3:26
- "Big Hotel" (O. Witer, A. Scaglione, N. Disbray and T. Rosewarne) - 4:14
- "Hellbent Heaven" (O. Witer, S. Abeyratne, A Antonaides and N. Baker) - 3:27
- "Nation" - 3:34
- "Charlie" - 4:03
- "Fine Thing" - 3:22
- "Money God" - 4:28
- "Devil's Song" - 5:27
- "Breakaway" (Popper Mix) (Zekley, Bottler) - 6:01
- "Hungry Town" (Grub Club Mix) - 6:27
|1988||Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart||5|
- Tony Antoniades - Harmonica, Vocals
- Neil Baker - Drums
- Nick Disbray - Percussion, Vocals
- Tim Rosewarne - Keyboards, Vocals
- Adrian Scaglione - Drums
- Sherine Abeyratne - Percussion, Vocals
- Oleh Witer - Drums, Vocals
- Como String Quartet - Strings (Track 9)
- Producer — Nick Launay
- Engineer — Nick Launay
- Assistants — Heidi Cannave[A], Noel Haris, Michael Wickow
- Mixer — Nick Launay
- Art Direction & Design - Oleh Witer, Jeremy Pearce
- Photography — Eric Watson
- Video Photography - Eric Watson, Robert Ogilvie
- A^ "Boy Wonder" was recorded in Sydney separately to the album which was recorded in Melbourne, Nick Launay was assisted by Heidi Cannova on this track
- Allmusic review
- "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Young Einstein - soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Miami Vice - Music Guide". Miami Vice Chronicles. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Australasian Performing Right Association". APRA. Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2009-02-12. Note: requires user to input song title e.g. IRON LUNG
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Note: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1970 until ARIA created their own charts in mid-1988.
- "Bonk album credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-02-12.