Bonnie-Jill Laflin in 2015.
|Occupation||Actress, model, TV personality|
Bonnie-Jill Laflin is an American model, television personality and sportscaster. Laflin has also worked as an actress and most notably as a scout for the Los Angeles Lakers, making her the league's first female scout. She was also assistant general manager of a Lakers NBA Development League team.
Laflin grew up in San Francisco, California, the daughter of a law enforcement officer father. She first gained public attention as a cheerleader with the Golden State Warriors of the NBA and is a former National Football League San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
Laflin's work as a cheerleader and model helped her into television with recurring roles on Baywatch in the 1998-1999 season, and Ally McBeal in 2000. Laflin then became a TV personality, hosting Hotlines (2003) and United Rockcrawling & Off-Road Challenge Series (2004). Laflin was also a correspondent for Prime 9 News with KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, California (2003), and a correspondent for ESPN's Cold Pizza. Her accolades in the sports industry also include broadcasting jobs for CBS, Fox and NFL Network. She is the creator and host of a basketball TV show for China, Muho TV (spoken in English with Chinese subtitles).
In 2005, Laflin appeared as one of the suitcase-holding models during the airing of the opening week of Deal or No Deal on NBC. Laflin was ranked #89 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2005. She has also worked as a model for Fredericks of Hollywood and Venus Swimwear, and her print campaigns include Coors Light, Bacardi, Wrangler, Fed Ex, and McDonalds. Laflin has been featured in several magazines including FHM, Maxim, GQ, Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, Women's Health, Fitness RX, Origin and New Beauty.
Laflin has worked with the Los Angeles Lakers as a professional basketball scout making her the league's first female scout, and as one of the two assistant general managers of the Lakers' developmental team, the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
On March 7, 2012, Laflin announced she and Kareem Rush will pair up in a fantasy basketball sports radio program on SiriusXM named “The Rush Hour”. The show launched on October 23, 2012; The show was renewed for 2013. In 2013, she appeared as an in-studio guest on KNBR's Damon Bruce Show, once to discuss the San Francisco 49ers' run to Super Bowl XLVII, and another time to discuss Bay Area sports in general. She also appeared on the show, now on KGMZ, in October 2014 at Kansas City's Kauffman Stadium to discuss the San Francisco Giants' 2014 World Series run.
In 2010, Laflin founded the charity Hounds and Heroes, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to raising funds for military veterans, first responders and animals. She has traveled all over the world on 18 United Service Organizations and Goodwill Tours, including 8 to Iraq and Afghanistan, supporting the United States Armed Forces.
Laflin is a supporter of animal rights and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). She has posed for PETA's "Buck the Rodeo", "Bank On Your Health, Go Vegetarian", and "Want My Body?! Go Vegetarian" campaigns.
Laflin has a clothing line, DoublePlay Sportswear, a women's sports apparel company.
- Hoppes, Lynn (June 24, 2010). "Commentary: Bonnie-Jill Laflin: cheerleader to scout". ESPN. Archived from the original on May 11, 2011. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
... the first female scout in the NBA and she is also the assistant general manager for the Los Angeles D-Fenders, the Lakers' developmental team.
- Matson, Barbara (June 9, 2008). "Not easy to size up Laflin". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on December 24, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2015.
- Kelly, Seth (August 16, 2004). "Sporty New Model". Stuff Magazine. Archived from the original on December 15, 2006.
- Muho TV YouTube
- http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/bonnie-jill-laflin. Missing or empty
- "The Top Hooters Girls of all time." Hooters Magazine. July/August 2008. p. 107.
- Kinsey, Joe (July 6, 2010). "Lakers Scout, Former NFL Cheerleader Bonnie Jill Laflin has 5 More Championship Rings than Lebron James!". Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Model-turned-NBA scout breaks into man's world". CNN. March 19, 2007. Archived from the original on October 29, 2012.
- "Former NBA Player and Analyst for NBA TV, Steve Smith Joined Former NBA Player, Kareem Rush and Bonnie-Jill Laflin on the Debut of the Rush Hour on SXM Fantasy Sports Radio". October 23, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- 15:15 mark at http://media.957thegame.com/a/98661087/the-damon-bruce-show-10-29-14-hour-1.htm
- "Hounds and Heroes". Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- "DoublePlay Sportswear Launch". Indiegogo. July 2, 2013. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bonnie-Jill Laflin.|