Bonnie Jean Boettcher was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Art and Jean Boettcher. She knew Bob Dylan during his early career, and may have been the inspiration for his song "Girl from the North Country". Some of Dylan's earliest recordings were recorded at her Minneapolis home in 1961.
She made her TV debut in an episode of The Twilight Zone, "Come Wander with Me". She also played Sylvia, Chekov's love interest, in "Spectre of the Gun", an episode of Star Trek wherein the crew of the Enterprise re-enacts the gunfight at the OK Corral. 
Beecher married Wavy Gravy (born Hugh Romney) on May 22 1967; the couple has one child. She has worked as Administrative Director (under the name Jahanara Romney) of Camp Winnarainbow since 1983. Her husband (under the name Wavy Gravy) serves as director of the camp, which is located near Laytonville, Mendocino County in Northern California.
- 1964: The Twilight Zone
- 1964: The Farmer's Daughter
- 1965: Mr. Novak
- 1965: Burke's Law
- 1965: Peyton Place
- 1966: The Donna Reed Show
- 1966: The Fugitive
- 1967: The Invaders
- 1967: Gunsmoke
- 1968: Cowboy in Africa
- 1968: Star Trek
- 1968: The Outsider
- "'Love them or lose them' — Wavy Gravy's Sartell mother-in-law chose first". St. Cloud Times. Saint Cloud, Minnesota. August 13, 1989. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Rubin, Steven (2017). Twilight Zone Encyclopedia. Chicago Review Press. p. 85. ISBN 9781613738917. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- "Set Lists: May 1, 1961: The Home of Bonnie Beecher". BobDylan.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Rubin, Steve (April 25, 2018). "April 25 in Twilight Zone History: Happy Birthday to actress Bonnie Beecher and actor/director Paul Mazursky". Syfy Wire. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "Hugh M Romney & Bonnie Beecher, California Marriage Index, 1960-1985". Family Search (Transcription of public record.). California Department of Health Services, Sacramento. 27 November 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
- "The Hippie Serving Peace and Breakfast". The New York Times. December 8, 2010. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|