July 12, 1972
|Occupation||Author, journalist, comedian|
|Genre||Science fiction, Arts & Crafts, Self-Help, Humor|
Bonnie Burton (born July 12, 1972) is a San Francisco-based author, journalist, comedian, actress and show host. Burton's books include Crafting with Feminism (Quirk Books), The Star Wars Craft Book (Random House), You Can Draw Star Wars (DK Publishing), Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Klutz Books), Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change (Zest Publishing), Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Planets in Peril (DK Readers) and Never Threaten to Eat Your Co-Workers (Apress). From 2003 to 2013, she worked as a Senior Editor for Star Wars.com and staff writer for Star Wars Insider magazine, and was the Senior Editor of the Official Star Wars Blog.
In 1995, Burton worked for Apple Inc. as the Senior Web Editor for eWorld. From 1996-2001, Burton worked for William Randolph Hearst III as a Senior Content Editor and Video Host at @Home Network. In 2001-2002, Burton worked as a Senior Editor for Winamp at Nullsoft and later for AOL. For a decade, Burton was the Senior Editor, Social Media Strategist and Video Host for StarWars.com for Lucasfilm.
She has written for magazines including Craft, Bust, Organic Gardening (magazine), Geek Monthly, Wired and Yahoo! Internet Life. Burton currently writes a monthly column for SFX magazine and is a contributing writer to CNET and Playboy. More of her writing can be found on her personal website, Grrl.com.
Burton wrote a craft book dedicated to Star Wars, The Star Wars Craft Book for Penguin Random House with craft tutorials for projects including Chewbacca Sock Puppets, Ewok Flower Vases, and AT-AT Herb Gardens.
In 2009, Burton wrote the anti-bullying book called "Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change" for Zest Books. Burton outlines the physical and chemical explanations for mood swings that can cause seemingly irrational behavior in teenage girls and offers advice for managing relationships with ‘mean girls.’ Burton shares how readers can recognize these habits and behaviors in themselves and make changes to improve their relationships and stop perpetuating the cycle. The book draws upon interviews with Go-Gos guitarist Jane Wiedlin, Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer and actress Mary Jo Pehl, tattoo artist Hannah Aitchison, Tegan Quin of the band Tegan and Sara, artist Elizabeth McGrath and singer/artist Jessicka from the bands Jack Off Jill and Scarling.
Burton's book Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Klutz Press provides instructions teaching readers how to draw 20 different Clone Wars characters.
Burton's book You Can Draw: Star Wars for DK Publishing provides tips, tracings, fold out pages and stencils to help readers draw a range of characters from the Star Wars universe.
Written for younger readers, Star Wars: Clone Wars: Planets in Peril for DK Publishing focuses on the newest worlds from the Clone Wars universe, and how they're being affected by fighting.
She is represented by the Red Sofa Literary Agency.
Show Host and Creator
Burton created, produces and hosts a comedy show called Geek DIY where she crafts with celebrities Wil Wheaton, Grant Imahara, Team Unicorn, Clare Kramer, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Robin Thorsen, America Young and more on Stan Lee's World of Heroes YouTube channel.
Burton is also one of the co-hosts for "CraveCast"—a monthly video show for CNET.
In 2012, appeared on Season 1 of Wil Wheaton's show TableTop playing Fiasco with Wil Wheaton, John Rogers, and Alison Haislip. In 2015, appeared in Season 3 of Wil Wheaton's show TableTop playing GeekOut with Wil Wheaton, Anne Wheaton and Clare Kramer -- both episodes are available to watch on Geek & Sundry.
She hosted the Denver music video show "Teletunes" in 1993-1996. Burton also hosted the San Francisco music video show Subculture" from 1996–1998.
- Crafting With Feminism – Amazon.com
- The Star Wars Craft Book – Amazon.com
- Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Amazon.com
- You Can Draw: Star Wars – Amazon.com
- Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change – Amazon.com 
- Womanthology: Heroic – Amazon.com
- Womanthology: Space – Amazon.com
- Never Threaten To Eat Your Co-Workers: Best of Blogs – Amazon.com
- "Cool Trooper: The Star Wars Art of Nathan Cabrera" – Star Wars Insider 90
- "Star Wars Goes to School" – Star Wars Insider 90
- "Best of StarWars.com: Darren Hayes: Singing Star Wars' Praises" – Star Wars Insider 94
- "Best of StarWars.com: Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict An Intergalactic Riot" – Star Wars Insider 95
- Booth, John.  Wired.com Girls Against Girls – Figuring It Out with Bonnie Burton. May 21, 2009
- Fraunfelder, Mark. Boing Boing .net Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change, by Bonnie Burton April 30, 2009
-  An Interview With Lucasfilm's Bonnie Burton
- Burton, Bonnie. Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change. ISBN 0-9790173-6-X.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bonnie Burton.|